How to use technology in a Student Centered Way

  • alecia2121
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      I know the topic of technology has been discussed before, and I set it as a personal goal this year to use it more often in a student centered manner with my Spanish II classes. So far we have:

      * gone to the computer lab more often to use online practice sites such as conjuguemos and quia
      * completed three webquests
      * used a Smart Board to play games
      * we will be making a podcast and learning about podcasting

      Is there anything else that you can think of? I would really like to encourage collaboration through the use of technology. I am reflecting now on what more I can do and would appreciate any further input even if it is just a quick response.

      Thank you,

      Alecia
    • Kristen Thomas-Lorenzo

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2011
          The textbook I use, DESCUBRE, comes with a very nice Supersite and I have assigned it as homework.  They use different media in the site and they like it.

          I have sent a letter to the Reyes Magos (the school administrators) requesting a TV, DVD, projector and Video  because my classroom has none and most of the time when AI want to check it out some other teacher is using it.

          I will tell you if I find anything on the 6th!   I wrote a very creative letter and shoes will be even left in my classroom on the 5th! lol

          Angie