Re: Hispanic Heritage Month Activities

  • tbird558trng
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
      The Smithsonian has some excellent resources:
      http://smithsonianeducation.org/educators/resource_library/hispanic_resources.html

      Good luck!
      Jim

      --- In maestrosdeespanol@yahoogroups.com, "Justin" <eddp4@...> wrote:

      > With Hispanic Heritage only 2 weeks away, I'd thought I'd be on top of it this year. I'm looking for ideas to implement for my classes or even to do something school wide (middle school)
      >
      > I've thought about putting a fact about a Spanish speaking country, the language, or in regards to Latinos in the US on the school-wide morning announcements. But then I would need to come up with 24 facts to cover the school days.
      >
      > Anyone have any suggestions about how to raise awareness of Hispanic Heritage?

    • Meryl
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010

        http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/hispanic/history.htm    This site has 22 short bios of famous Latinos in history
        Sent from my iPad

        On Aug 31, 2010, at 9:43 PM, "Justin" <eddp4@...> wrote:

        With Hispanic Heritage only 2 weeks away, I'd thought I'd be on top of it this year. I'm looking for ideas to implement for my classes or even to do something school wide (middle school)

        I've thought about putting a fact about a Spanish speaking country, the language, or in regards to Latinos in the US on the school-wide morning announcements. But then I would need to come up with 24 facts to cover the school days.

        Anyone have any suggestions about how to raise awareness of Hispanic Heritage?

      • Katie
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
          Here are some ideas..

          http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Importance-of-Speaking-Spanish-Facts-Vocabulary-Practices