Re: beginning spanish resources

  • nhedemark926
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2006
      To add to Kabbottwalker's great suggestion about picture cue cards --
      I use them, too and they are invaluable for many uses as
      mentioned. In addition to using magazine photos, you can use clip
      art from the computer (hopefully, you can do this using the school's
      color ink cartridge and not your own!). SOme of the clip art photos
      loaded on the microsoft Word site are eye catching, simple, or
      detailed, depending on what you are looking for. Some are even
      photos, which are great for when you want the students to describe
      the picture. I print mine out on white cardstock paper so they are
      a little more sturdy and will stand up on the chalk tray. I also
      put each one in its own plastic page protector sheet; that way I can
      organize & index them into looseleaf binders by subject. Also, it
      helps them stay clean and unwrinkled.

      I also agree that you will devise and make things as you need them.
      One thing I find really useful is foam dice from the teacher's
      supply store. I put masking tape over them and have one with the
      subject pronouns (yo.. tú.. etc.) and another with verb
      infinitives. If you have several sets of these, break the kids into
      groups of 2 - 4 and have them roll and conjugate according to the
      subject & verb they get -- in whatever tense you happen to be
      working on. They keep a list of all the rolls they get -- "yo"
      + "hablar" = "yo hablo" My students have loved it!

      ¡Buena suerte!
      ~Nancita