Re: an easy question from a new teacher

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 10:04 AM
      Shouldn't the unfolded side be towards the ceiling? I've tried this
      three times and the only time it worked was when I cut the seam
      starting at the folded edge.

      sarita
      --- In maestrosdeespanol@yahoogroups.com, Norma Myers <nrmmyrs@...> wrote:

      > Step 1: Fold, como perro caliente, then unfold
      > Step 2: Fold, como hamburguesa (paper in now folded in half)
      > Step 3: Fold this in half along the crease made in step 1(paper is
      now quartered)
      > Step 4: Fold the quarter in half como hamburguesa not perro
      caliente(paper is now folded in 8ths)
      > Step 5: Unfold until paper is in Step 2 position.
      > Step 6: With the folded side pointing to ceiling, tear or cut the
      vertical seam half way down
      > Step 7: Open paper and put back in the perro caliente position of Step 1
      > Step 8: The 4 middle pages make a honey comb. Push them together and
      you have your book.

      > Kristen Thomas <klthoma@...> wrote:
      Wear=Where...sorry about the typo

      > Kristen Thomas <klthoma@...> wrote:
      > You will probably tear the top wear the seam is.You will want
      to leave the folds on the side but the folds on the top prevents the
      pages from being turned.

      > Hope that helps.
      >
      > Kristen
      >
      > "Mr. CB" <mrcosb96@...> wrote:
      > Hola y buenos días a todos. Tengo una pregunta...
      >
      > Does anyone know how to take an 8x10 paper and fold it into a little
      > booklet for students to write little books?
      >
      > I tutor a kid from another school and he had to do one for his homework
      > assignment and as wowed as I was by the book assignment, I have no idea
      > how to do it. So we just focused on his rough draft!
      >
      > All I know is that you fold it into 8 rectangles, and then you fold it
      > again somehow and you then tear it somewhere. ¿Dónde esté
      > el 'somewhere'?! :)
      >
      > Gracias.
      >

      > Kristen Thomas
      > UHS Spanish Teacher
      > UHS Cheerleading Head Coach
      > http://www.aplausos.us
      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > Kristen Thomas
      > UHS Spanish Teacher
      > UHS Cheerleading Head Coach
      > http://www.aplausos.us
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      Try it now.

    • Norma Myers
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1 2:40 PM
        Yes, in Step 6 it says to "tear down" so starting at the top (folded part) you tear halfway down.

        Try it now.

      • S. Campbell
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2 6:28 AM
          So it does :-).

          I'm that annoying student that does everything backwards haha.

          sarita