6359RE: Trying to save my ESL program

  • morphewegge
    Jan 17, 2014

      I teach in Minnesota too. This seems outrageous that the population that is least likely to speak up for themselves and their children, because they lack the language skills is terrible. Maybe reminding the school board how ESL helps the district meet the requirements of "No Child Left Behind." Are your students included in state testing? Then what you teach is very important. How would the do in their grade level classrooms with out your support? Would the district MCA scores suffer if they do not receive English language support? The district is also evaluated on closing the achievement gap, will those scores improve? Graduation rates are also part of the evaluation, these students May or may not graduate if they don't get language support. I don't know if this wil help you, but it may be a place to start.

      Tamie Egge

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic