Re: [madronavillage2] Attempted break in

  • Bryan Burns
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5 10:38 AM
      What street do you live on?

      On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 1:16 PM, K. RODEWALD <mfd87@...> wrote:

      Just wanted to let everyone know that there was an attempted break in at our house last night just after midnight. Our burglar alarm was activated and our dogs also were alerted. The Round Lake PD responded and did a very good job of searching the neighborhood and used the K9 but weren't successful in catching the person. My home wasn't the only one targeted. They went to at least one other neighbor. Please take a moment and re-evaluate your home security and make sure all your doors are locked.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

    • Michael Braun
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5 11:03 AM
        Were you home at that time?  Or was the house empty?  Gets even more scary that someone tries to break in when they know someone is home and sleeping. Who knows what they would do!  So glad you and your family are ok.

        Just wanted to let everyone know that there was an attempted break in at our house last night just after midnight. Our burglar alarm was activated and our dogs also were alerted. The Round Lake PD responded and did a very good job of searching the neighborhood and used the K9 but weren't successful in catching the person. My home wasn't the only one targeted. They went to at least one other neighbor. Please take a moment and re-evaluate your home security and make sure all your doors are locked.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      • K. RODEWALD
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5 12:03 PM
          I was home at the time with my wife and 2.5 month old son. I can promise that whoever it was whould not have made it upstairs where my family was. I live by Savoy & Huntington.

          Were you home at that time?  Or was the house empty?  Gets even more scary that someone tries to break in when they know someone is home and sleeping. Who knows what they would do!  So glad you and your family are ok.

          Just wanted to let everyone know that there was an attempted break in at our house last night just after midnight. Our burglar alarm was activated and our dogs also were alerted. The Round Lake PD responded and did a very good job of searching the neighborhood and used the K9 but weren't successful in catching the person. My home wasn't the only one targeted. They went to at least one other neighbor. Please take a moment and re-evaluate your home security and make sure all your doors are locked.

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        • gargiuloangela
          Message 4 of 7 , May 5 4:29 PM
            Kurt,

            That is terrible. I am glad that you are all ok. Just curious, how did they try to get in. i want to be sure i have all my bases covered. Also, did the police say if there have been other attempts or success?

            Message 5 of 7 , May 6 5:14 AM
              Your patio door is the easiest way to get in. Put a long piece of wood to prevent the door from sliding open if the lock is popped open. There was one other attempt that I know of but no success that I know of.