Basement egress window

  • theroser02
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20 12:20 PM
      I'm having a hard time replacing my basement egress window. The latches on it are loose and every time it's windy out, the latches let go and the window comes crashing out. One pane of glass is broken and the frame is all bent to heck from falling out all the time. So I had one guy look at it, and he says he can put in a vinyl replacement, but it won't qualify as an egress window and according to round lake code, we would not be able to finish the basement. Has anybody replaced one of these windows?
    • K. RODEWALD
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20 12:42 PM
        MCA in Palatine on Route 12 was the only place that could get me a replacement. It wasn't cheap.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20 2:03 PM
          What's not cheap? Over $500? Did they just sell you a replacement or did they need to modify the frame?