FYI- D46 Parent Forum 5/12, 7pm

  • rachal09
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2010
      DISTRICT 46 PARENT FORUM

      An informal discussion

      to build better Communications

      between the Parents of District 46

      And our Board of Education,

      Superintendent & Business Office Staff

      You may be ready for summer; but the business of school doesn't take a break. Meet your School Board Members and District Administrators.

      Ask questions and learn how you can help shape your child's educational future.

      YOUR ATTENDANCE IS VITAL

      DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2010

      TIME: 7:00 p.m.

      PLACE: GRAYSLAKE MIDDLE SCHOOL

      1). Why should I attend a Parent Forum with the Board of Education?

      The Parent Forum is an opportunity to ask questions and receive responses from the elected officials we chose to represent us. The goal is to enhance and improve the communication process.

      2). Everything is going well. Why attend if things are fine?

      This district reduced expenditures by $2.3 million for 2011. Forecasts indicate up to $4-$5 million more in reductions will need to be made by 2014. Illinois is behind in payments to school districts. Fiscal responsibility is more important now than ever before . This is an opportunity to ask how you can help. It is also a time to ask our School Board and Administrator's what their plans are for our children's future.

      3). Why don't we just let our elected officials do their job?

      Did you know that 3 Board Member's terms end in 2011? Now is a great time to learn about those members who may or may not see re-election. Ask questions, form an opinion. This is the time to become involved and learn.

      Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/d46parents

      PARTICIPATE IN THIS DISCUSSION. PRESENT IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS.

      HELP MAKE OUR DISTRICT UNITED AND TRANSPARENT BETWEEN THE PARENTS

      AND THOSE ELECTED TO REPRESENT US .

      Prairieview Elem., Woodview Elem., Meadowview Elem., Avon Center, Park, Frederick, Grayslake Middle School