Recommendation wanted on new washing machine

  • Jim Williams (CWS)
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010

      I have a Fischer and Paykel washer.  I would not trade it for anything.  Energy efficient and does well on all of the clothes we wash.  The only complaint people that I have talked to about the washing machine before have had is that it sounds like a jet is taking off when it goes into spin (it does) and the spin cycle is so fast that it actually puts creases in your jeans (have not seen this personally but the spin cycle is very fast)

      Jim

    • jguenther75@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
        I have fisher and paykel machines on my second floor and the spin cycle is a little noisy when on high but its only for 10 mins. The rest of the cycle is very quiet. Its worth the extra money to get this brand if you ask me! It spins the water out of the clothes so well that drying time is cut in half!

        Happy shopping :)

        From: "bikerlaura771" <lapartri@...>
        Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 18:53:41 -0000
        To: <madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [madronavillage2] Recommendation wanted on new washing machine

        I need to replace my current washing machine (Amana) after 6 1/2 years. It is located on the 2nd floor of my house so I would like one that is relatively quiet - less vibration.

        Do you have any recommendations of particular top-loading models? The repairman that came over suggested:

        - Whirlpool - good machine and good price
        - GE - has machines made for 2nd floors with less vibration but would be more expensive than Whirlpool
        - Fisher and Paykel - also has machines for 2nd floors and are more energy efficient, using less water, but are the most expensive

        Laura Partridge

      • Derek Chambers-Boucher

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2010
            Grand Appliance is having a sale March 5-14th and the flyer I received advertises a Fisher and Paykel washer for $478 on sale (about $150 cheaper than reg price). I also have a coupon for $50 and $100 off a purchase there (depends on how much you spend). If you're interested, email me offline and I'll make sure you get this!

            Jess Guenther
            Scentsy Wickless Candle Consultant
            KICK THE WICK~GO FLAMELESS