Is there a plumber in the house?

  • Tim Rose
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
      We've got a leaky kitchen faucet and I bought a repair kit to fix it.
      Unfortunately I had shoulder surgery last week and can't use my lest
      arm. We called ABC plumbing and they wanted $350 whether or not the
      repair worked. They then offered to sell me a new faucet for $450.
      Does anybody know a plumber or handy man who might want to do something
      like this as a side job? I can't imagine it taking more than a half
      hour or so.
    • Christine Marting
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
        Maybe "Joe the Plumber" makes house calls!!

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
          Lol, no he has a publicist now. Besides I want a real plumber ;)

          --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, Christine Marting
          <cmarting1970@...> wrote:

          > Maybe "Joe the Plumber" makes house calls!!

        • Scott & Amy Clark
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
            George Simpson -- 847-401-2643

            He's a really good plumber & a personal friend -- tell him Scott & Amy Clark recommended him.

            Hope it works out!

            <cmarting1970@ ...> wrote:

            > Maybe "Joe the Plumber" makes house calls!!

          • Jamie
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
              Tim I can't believe you just posted this. Today I was going to come on
              here and post the same thing. Ironically enough my kitchen faucet
              sprung a leak this weekend and I know have a tea pitcher under it to
              get through until I find a plumber.

              So I second that - any inexpensive plumbers would be great. I'm a cash
              strapped single mom so I'm even open to any unofficial plumbers in the
              neighborhood - as in anyone handy around the house that might be able
              to fix it cheap?

              Do you think we could find one more person with a broken kitchen
              faucet and get a group rate?? LOL

              Jamie

              --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Scott & Amy Clark"
              <clark72504@...> wrote:

              > George Simpson -- 847-401-2643
              >
              > He's a really good plumber & a personal friend -- tell him Scott &
              Amy Clark recommended him.

              > Hope it works out!
              > Amy Clark :)

            • KURT RODEWALD
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
                Jamie,
                I can take a look at it on Wed if you still need it. Just email me off line if you still need help.
                Kurt

                <clark72504@ ...> wrote:

                > George Simpson -- 847-401-2643
                >
                > He's a really good plumber & a personal friend -- tell him Scott &
                Amy Clark recommended him.

                > Hope it works out!
                > Amy Clark :)

              • Tim Rose
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 6, 2008
                  Hey Scott and Amy,

                  Thanks for the heads up. George came out the next day and fixed the
                  faucet at a reasonable price.