Concord window woes

  • Jennifer (Fresty) Roberts
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1 6:33 AM
      Hi all just wanted to warn you that the windows Concord(before
      Lennar bought them out) are lousy (as if you already didn't know).

      We had what we thought was a leak in our dinng room bay window, which
      caused our ceiling to be damaged. Well there is a leak there (the
      flashing was done poorly)got that fixed and we drilled holes into the
      damaged area to make sure it had stopped leaking. Sure enough, when
      this last rain hit it leaked again, so we called our roofer guy and
      he said it actually was 2 leaks! The window above the bay was poor
      quality and where it usually drains out had cracked and now the
      window needs replaced. He said that he used to work for Concord and
      they used less than quality material. Ok, we knew that, but it still
      sucks.

      Just thought I would put a heads up to check your windows for leaks
      and damage caused by this last winter's ice build-up. These windows
      crack easily, and you may not know it's leaking until it's too late.
      It seeps down the road less resisted. In our case the pipes in the
      walls. Oh, and they don't make these types of windows anymore(go
      figure)

      Good luck!
      Jennifer
    • Jamie Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1 8:08 AM
        Thanks for the heads up!! I have a question. I recently bought my duplex, I'm not an original owner. How do I know if my duplex was built by Concord or Lennar? Does anyone know which builder built the duplex section by chance?

      • jguenther75@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1 8:17 AM
          Definitely Concord! The only homes built by Lennar are near the school and part of my area near Campbell airport.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1 8:33 AM
            If you are having issues - you could try calling their Miami headquarters to complain about the faulty materials.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1 8:34 AM
              I forgot to add that I had heard that they take water damage pretty serious - even in homes that are out of warranty.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 1 9:45 AM
                Thanks- do you happen to know the number?

                --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, Christine Marting
                <cmarting1970@...> wrote:

                > I forgot to add that I had heard that they take water damage pretty
                serious - even in homes that are out of warranty.

              • Christine Marting
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1 2:24 PM
                  The duplex were built by Concord, but when Lennar purchaed the company - I believe that they also took over all liability for warranty.