I have an idea!

  • mcatalan28
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
      What do you guys think of having a neighborhood clean-up??!! The
      neighborhood looks kinda trashed from the winds earlier this week. My
      family and myself can't do it on our own...whaddaya think??!
    • Jennifer Agostinho
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
        I think that is a great idea! I know on 4-22-08( Earth Day) Park Campus PTO is sending home trash bags to each child to encourage them to help clean up our neighborhood.
        I am not sure if you want to do it sooner. I just wanted to let you know about that.
        Jenn
        mcatalan28 <mcatalan28@...> wrote:
        What do you guys think of having a neighborhood clean-up??!! The
        neighborhood looks kinda trashed from the winds earlier this week. My
        family and myself can't do it on our own...whaddaya think??!

      • Liz
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
          --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "mcatalan28" <mcatalan28@...>
          wrote:

          > What do you guys think of having a neighborhood clean-up??!! The
          > neighborhood looks kinda trashed from the winds earlier this week. My
          > family and myself can't do it on our own...whaddaya think??!

          >I think you have a great idea! I was thinking about posting about this
          too. I have an additional problem here where my home is located. I am
          right off of Wildspring. There is so much trash. The sad part about
          were I am at is some of the trash is from people throwing things out
          there windows/cars. Believe it or not we have seen it! How sad!
          I would love to figure out a way of solving that issue too.
        • mcatalan28
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
            I was actually hoping to do it sooner. Why cant Earth Day be sooner!?
            (LOL!) I was hoping maybe this Sunday? I really don't think we should
            wait almost a month. It just looks terrible! Is that too soon? I think
            posting signs is a great idea!!

            --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Liz" <liz10674@...> wrote:

            > --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "mcatalan28" <mcatalan28@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > What do you guys think of having a neighborhood clean-up??!! The
            > > neighborhood looks kinda trashed from the winds earlier this week.
            My
            > > family and myself can't do it on our own...whaddaya think??!
            >
            > >I think you have a great idea! I was thinking about posting about
            this
            > too. I have an additional problem here where my home is located. I am
            > right off of Wildspring. There is so much trash. The sad part about
            > were I am at is some of the trash is from people throwing things out
            > there windows/cars. Believe it or not we have seen it! How sad!
            > I would love to figure out a way of solving that issue too.

          • Jess
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
              It appears you have been heard on this topic...today I saw Landscape
              Concepts guys in our neighborhood with trash pokers filling garbage
              bags! It already looks cleaned up along Wildspring :o)

              wrote:

              > I was actually hoping to do it sooner. Why cant Earth Day be
              sooner!?
              > (LOL!) I was hoping maybe this Sunday? I really don't think we
              should
              > wait almost a month. It just looks terrible! Is that too soon? I
              think
              > posting signs is a great idea!!
              >

              > --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Liz" <liz10674@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "mcatalan28"
              <mcatalan28@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > What do you guys think of having a neighborhood clean-up??!!
              The
              > > > neighborhood looks kinda trashed from the winds earlier this
              week.
              > My
              > > > family and myself can't do it on our own...whaddaya think??!
              > >
              > > >I think you have a great idea! I was thinking about posting
              about
              > this
              > > too. I have an additional problem here where my home is located.
              I am
              > > right off of Wildspring. There is so much trash. The sad part
              about
              > > were I am at is some of the trash is from people throwing things
              out
              > > there windows/cars. Believe it or not we have seen it! How sad!
              > > I would love to figure out a way of solving that issue too.

            • Michael Braun
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
                If anyone, over 18, is intrested in playing in a Sunday Floor Hockey league, please contact me.  League will start first Sunday in May.

                Location: Hoffman Estate Sports Complex (Barrington Road and Higgins Area)
                Games: 10 Regular Season Games (Play 1 game each Sunday for 10 weeks) Playoffs are included if team qualifies
                Cost: 100.00
                All games have one referee and a score keeper included.

                Contact: Mike Braun
                Phone: 773-592-2381

              • KURT RODEWALD
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
                  Landscape Concepts was out today this is part of their annual maintenance contract with your HOA. Thanks to all who were willing to help out. I love to see the helpful community spirit. The HOA is still looking for volunteers for various projects such as special events. More to follow in the future. Thanks again.
                  Kurt Rodewald
                  Vice President
                  Madrona HOA

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
                    When I got back from running errands I did notice the clean up! I was
                    very happy to see that. Even my 5 year old said how much cleaner the
                    grounds looked. She asked about the box in the pond off Wildspring!
                    LOL! Thanks to you guys that were going to help out!!!

                    --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, KURT RODEWALD <mfd87@...>

                  • jguenther75@comcast.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
                      Ok, that box in the pond off Wildspring was the talk of the winter in my car, too!

                      HILLARIOUS!

                      Every time my 3 and 5 year old saw it they'd ask me "what's in it, why is it there?"
                      It was there forever---the kids were a little dissapointed when the pond thawed and the box sunk last week!

                      Happy Spring, everyone! Glad we're cleaned up and thawed out :o)

                      From: "mcatalan28" <mcatalan28@...>