Holes in Lawn

  • chris_pilarek
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
      Does anyone have any holes in there yard? I have several and I have a
      few neibors that have some. Help????
    • cpodraza@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
        I guess the question would be what kind of holes? Big ones? Man-made? Critter-made?

        From: "chris_pilarek" <chris_pilarek@...>

        Does anyone have any holes in there yard? I have several and I have a
        few neibors that have some. Help????

      • Tim Rose
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
          I get holes dug around my back stoop each fall. I figure it's gophers
          or chipmonks. I smoke them out and that seems to get rid of them
          until the next fall. Are your holes in the middle of the yard or near
          the house?

          --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, cpodraza@... wrote:

          > I guess the question would be what kind of holes? Big ones? Man-
          made? Critter-made?

          > From: "chris_pilarek" <chris_pilarek@...>
          > Does anyone have any holes in there yard? I have several and I have
          > few neibors that have some. Help????

        • Diana Gonzalez
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
            We have never had this issue but we have them this year.  We had 3 Christmas blow up characters on our front lawn and whatever is making these holes made them under the blow up characters.  We have no idea what they are either but my husband is on a mission to get rid of our new tennants.  If you figure it out, let us know!
            Chris...just out of curiosity, where do you live in the subdivision?

            Diane Gonzalez

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
              When I moved in I had those holes around my back steps...  it was mice. They had burrows all around the stairs and then ate part of my brand new weber grill cover.  We also have a hole in our front hard that appears to have something to do with drainage - I dont like it - but hey...it is what it is.

              Also - there is a variety of garden snake in the area that will make holes right out in the middle...no pattern just random holes.  They are about golf ball size, maybe smaller.

              From: "Tim Rose" <theroser02@...>

              I get holes dug around my back stoop each fall. I figure it's gophers
              or chipmonks. I smoke them out and that seems to get rid of them
              until the next fall. Are your holes in the middle of the yard or near
              the house?

              --- In madronavillage2@ yahoogroups. com, cpodraza@... wrote:

              > I guess the question would be what kind of holes? Big ones? Man-
              made? Critter-made?

              > From: "chris_pilarek" <chris_pilarek@ ...>
              > Does anyone have any holes in there yard? I have several and I have
              > few neibors that have some. Help????

            • Sean Gillette
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
                I had a few gardner snakes when I first moved in 2002.  I have not seen them since or have noticed any holes. (besides the ones in Al's head)

                Sincerely,

                Sean Gillette

                “Peace, Love, and Jstreet Radio”
                Jstreet RADIO on 98.3 FM WRLR Thursday's 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
                Stream the show live at http://www.jstreetzine.com/radio

                From: "Tim Rose" <theroser02@yahoo. com>

                I get holes dug around my back stoop each fall. I figure it's gophers
                or chipmonks. I smoke them out and that seems to get rid of them
                until the next fall. Are your holes in the middle of the yard or near
                the house?

                --- In madronavillage2@ yahoogroups. com, cpodraza@... wrote:

                > I guess the question would be what kind of holes? Big ones? Man-
                made? Critter-made?

                > From: "chris_pilarek" <chris_pilarek@ ...>
                > Does anyone have any holes in there yard? I have several and I have
                > few neibors that have some. Help????

              • Chris Pilarek
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
                  Critter Made

                  From: "chris_pilarek" <chris_pilarek@ yahoo.com>

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
                    I think they are isolated to the front porch area and back porch.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
                      I live on winchester

                        From: "Tim Rose" <theroser02@yahoo. com>

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
                          If these are at your porch area - they are most certainly mice.  I'd would bet the ones under the christmas blow ups are mice as well.

                          There is some mouse poison you can get that comes in packets - the mice like to eat paper...just shove those into the hole.  Ours were gone in a few days.  The smoke is only effective in getting them out - it wont keep them out.

                          From: Chris Pilarek <chris_pilarek@...>

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
                            What I do is get these smoke bombs at Ace Hardware, mole b-gone or
                            something like that. You fill in as many holes as you can find,
                            leaving one hole open, then light that sucker and drop it in. It'll
                            chase out whoever's in there and stink up the tunnel so they don't
                            come back for a while. They usually stay away until the next fall
                            when I do that. The smoke is smelly but the smell dosen't linger
                            outside of the tunnels.

                            --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, Chris Pilarek
                            <chris_pilarek@...> wrote:

                            > I think they are isolated to the front porch area and back porch.
                            >
                            > Tim Rose <theroser02@...> wrote: I get holes dug around my
                            back stoop each fall. I figure it's gophers
                            > or chipmonks. I smoke them out and that seems to get rid of them
                            > until the next fall. Are your holes in the middle of the yard or
                            near
                            > the house?
                            >
                            > --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, cpodraza@ wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I guess the question would be what kind of holes? Big ones? Man-
                            > made? Critter-made?

                            > > From: "chris_pilarek" <chris_pilarek@>
                            > > Does anyone have any holes in there yard? I have several and I
                            have
                            > > few neibors that have some. Help????

                          • MontiVideo/Stuart M. Willis
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 2, 2007
                              You also may want to check your basement window wells. I've had problems with the field mice ( and some frogs in the summertime) falling into the window well and not able to get themselves out.
                              I've put window screening across the top to keep them out.
                            • KURT RODEWALD
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                                I would also guess that they are mice. Myself and the neighbors are having a problem with mice in our garages. The poison that someone was describing is called Decon. Be careful if you have pets as it could harm them also, but is effective against the mice. Good luck!