Fantasy Baseball

  • Rob Piggott
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
      Ok, it's about that time again. Anybody interested in playing fantasy
      baseball this year? There wasn't enough interest to start a league
      last year, but I'd be happy to set it up if there's interest. Respond
      to the board or to my e-mail and let me know.

      Rob
    • Katie Sheehan
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
        Is there anyone going to the HOA meeting next Tuesday who would possibly be able to bring our proxy vote sheet with them?  We will most likely not be able to make it and I would like to make sure that our 'vote' is included.  There is a small chance that I will be able to make the meetng, but just in case....

        Thanks in advance!

        Katie

      • Al Villasenor
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
          Well, as a board member, I have to be there. So,
          Katie or anyone else can drop them off at my house.

          Al

          --- Katie Sheehan <sheehan4999@...> wrote:

          > Is there anyone going to the HOA meeting next
          > Tuesday who would possibly be
          > able to bring our proxy vote sheet with them? We
          > will most likely not be
          > able to make it and I would like to make sure that
          > our 'vote' is included.
          > There is a small chance that I will be able to make
          > the meetng, but just in
          > case....
          >
          > Thanks in advance!
          >
          > Katie

        • KURT RODEWALD
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
            Katie,
            I also will be attending. Anyone can drop off their ballots at my house and I will bring them to the meeting. I don't mind if they are put in my mailbox.  (475 W.Savoy)

          • jason@yicdesign.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
              Rob,

              I'll play fantasy baseball! I've never played any fantasy league...is
              there money involved? If you want your answer to be off-board then
              email me at jason@...

              Thanks!!

              -Jason
              409 Cambria
              847.338.4332
            • graudowd
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 5, 2006
                Rob,

                I would be interested... What are the details?

                Derik Whittaker
                Derik at graudo.com
              • Tim Rose
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
                  Count me in Rob, I'm a veteran fantasy football guy, but I'll give
                  baseball a shot!

                  --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Piggott" <piggrod15@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Ok, it's about that time again. Anybody interested in playing
                  fantasy
                  > baseball this year? There wasn't enough interest to start a league
                  > last year, but I'd be happy to set it up if there's interest.
                  Respond
                  > to the board or to my e-mail and let me know.
                  >
                  > Rob

                • Christine Marting
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
                    Kurt,

                    Where is the meeting tomorrow night?  Is it at the village hall?

                    Chris

                    KURT RODEWALD <mfd87@...> wrote:
                    Katie,
                    I also will be attending. Anyone can drop off their ballots at my house and I will bring them to the meeting. I don't mind if they are put in my mailbox.  (475 W.Savoy)

                    Al Villasenor <goinyard1244@...> wrote:
                    Well, as a board member, I have to be there.  So,
                    Katie or anyone else can drop them off at my house.

                    Al

                    --- Katie Sheehan <sheehan4999@...> wrote:

                    > Is there anyone going to the HOA meeting next
                    > Tuesday who would possibly be
                    > able to bring our proxy vote sheet with them?  We
                    > will most likely not be
                    > able to make it and I would like to make sure that
                    > our 'vote' is included.
                    > There is a small chance that I will be able to make
                    > the meetng, but just in
                    > case....
                    >
                    > Thanks in advance!
                    >
                    > Katie

                  • Al Villasenor
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
                      Yes, tomorrow at the Village Hall. Please attend or submit a proxy
                      with someone.

                      --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, Christine Marting
                      <cmarting1970@...> wrote:

                      > Kurt,
                      >
                      > Where is the meeting tomorrow night? Is it at the village hall?
                      >
                      > Chris
                      >
                      > KURT RODEWALD <mfd87@...> wrote:
                      > Katie,
                      > I also will be attending. Anyone can drop off their ballots at
                      my house and I will bring them to the meeting. I don't mind if they
                      are put in my mailbox. (475 W.Savoy)

                      > Al Villasenor <goinyard1244@...> wrote: Well, as a board member,
                      I have to be there. So,
                      > Katie or anyone else can drop them off at my house.
                      >
                      > Al
                      >
                      > --- Katie Sheehan <sheehan4999@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Is there anyone going to the HOA meeting next
                      > > Tuesday who would possibly be
                      > > able to bring our proxy vote sheet with them? We
                      > > will most likely not be
                      > > able to make it and I would like to make sure that
                      > > our 'vote' is included.
                      > > There is a small chance that I will be able to make
                      > > the meetng, but just in
                      > > case....
                      > >
                      > > Thanks in advance!
                      > >
                      > > Katie

                      > Root cause analysis Hair loss cause Madrona Casa
                      madrona

                      Service.

                      > ---------------------------------

                    • KURT RODEWALD
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 7, 2006
                        Yes, are you two going to attend? If so, want to drive together again?

                        KURT RODEWALD <mfd87@...> wrote:
                        Katie,
                        I also will be attending. Anyone can drop off their ballots at my house and I will bring them to the meeting. I don't mind if they are put in my mailbox.  (475 W.Savoy)

                        Al Villasenor <goinyard1244@...> wrote:
                        Well, as a board member, I have to be there.  So,
                        Katie or anyone else can drop them off at my house.

                        Al

                        --- Katie Sheehan <sheehan4999@...> wrote:

                        > Is there anyone going to the HOA meeting next
                        > Tuesday who would possibly be
                        > able to bring our proxy vote sheet with them?  We
                        > will most likely not be
                        > able to make it and I would like to make sure that
                        > our 'vote' is included.
                        > There is a small chance that I will be able to make
                        > the meetng, but just in
                        > case....
                        >
                        > Thanks in advance!
                        >
                        > Katie

                      • Christine Marting
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 7, 2006
                          Yes we are attending.  We can drive together tonight.  I will let Tim know.  See you later on tonight.

                          KURT RODEWALD <mfd87@...> wrote:
                          Katie,
                          I also will be attending. Anyone can drop off their ballots at my house and I will bring them to the meeting. I don't mind if they are put in my mailbox.  (475 W.Savoy)

                          Al Villasenor <goinyard1244@...> wrote:
                          Well, as a board member, I have to be there.  So,
                          Katie or anyone else can drop them off at my house.

                          Al

                          --- Katie Sheehan <sheehan4999@...> wrote:

                          > Is there anyone going to the HOA meeting next
                          > Tuesday who would possibly be
                          > able to bring our proxy vote sheet with them?  We
                          > will most likely not be
                          > able to make it and I would like to make sure that
                          > our 'vote' is included.
                          > There is a small chance that I will be able to make
                          > the meetng, but just in
                          > case....
                          >
                          > Thanks in advance!
                          >
                          > Katie

                        • Rob Piggott
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 8, 2006
                            For those of you who expressed interest (and those of you who didn't
                            but are interested anyway), here's the link to the Madrona Village
                            Fantasy Baseball site:

                            Click on "Join a League" under the "Free Fantasy Baseball" heading on
                            the right side of the page.

                            Then click on "Join a Custom League"
                            The league ID is 53203
                            The leage password is madrona

                            Follow the info from there to create your team! If you know of
                            anybody else who would be interested please invite them in! We have
                            room for 12 teams in the league. If you have any questions about how
                            the league works, holler.

                            Rob

                            --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Rose" <theroser02@...> wrote:

                            > Count me in Rob, I'm a veteran fantasy football guy, but I'll give
                            > baseball a shot!
                            >

                            > --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Piggott" <piggrod15@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Ok, it's about that time again. Anybody interested in playing
                            > fantasy
                            > > baseball this year? There wasn't enough interest to start a league
                            > > last year, but I'd be happy to set it up if there's interest.
                            > Respond
                            > > to the board or to my e-mail and let me know.
                            > >
                            > > Rob

                          • Rob Piggott
                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 8, 2006
                              Jason,

                              Glad to hear you're interested. No money unless we all decide we want
                              there to be. In light of the recent Rick Tocchet NHL gambling
                              allegations we might want to stay away lest we damage our chance at
                              the hall of fame.

                              Rob
                              --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, jason@... wrote:

                              > Rob,
                              >
                              > I'll play fantasy baseball! I've never played any fantasy league...is
                              > there money involved? If you want your answer to be off-board then
                              > email me at jason@...
                              >
                              > Thanks!!
                              >
                              > -Jason
                              > 409 Cambria
                              > 847.338.4332

                            • Rob Piggott
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 8, 2006
                                Best thing to do is to check out the website:
                                baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com

                                It is a 12 team league with rotisserie scoring. That means you get a
                                number of points dependent on your rank in certain statistical
                                categories compared to the other teams in the leage. For example, if
                                I have the most homeruns in the league I get 12 points. If you have
                                the least you get 1 point.

                                You draft a team composed of position players, utility players, and
                                pitchers. All stats for active players (you control who is active on
                                any particular day) go toward your totals. If you have A-Rod on the
                                bench for a day and he hits 3 homers, they don't count toward your stats.

                                Rob
                                --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "graudowd" <graudowd@...> wrote:

                                > Rob,
                                >
                                > I would be interested... What are the details?
                                >
                                > Derik Whittaker
                                > Derik at graudo.com

                              • Jorge Trujillo
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 9, 2006
                                  Hi to all, my name is Jorge Trujillo; and I know, many of you don't know me. I'm a Real Estate Agent and live here in our great subdivision, I just moved to Remax Premier in Lake Villa and I will be farming our subdivision. I want you to know me and if you have questions related to Real Estate I will be more than happy to help. Also I would like to get more involve with the community and maybe could patrocinate one of the teams (all would depent on cost of course). Let me know if any body is interested.

                                  Rob Piggott <piggrod15@...> wrote:
                                  For those of you who expressed interest (and those of you who didn't
                                  but are interested anyway), here's the link to the Madrona Village
                                  Fantasy Baseball site:

                                  Click on "Join a League" under the "Free Fantasy Baseball" heading on
                                  the right side of the page.

                                  Then click on "Join a Custom League"
                                  The league ID is 53203
                                  The leage password is  madrona

                                  Follow the info from there to create your team!  If you know of
                                  anybody else who would be interested please invite them in!  We have
                                  room for 12 teams in the league.  If you have any questions about how
                                  the league works, holler.

                                  Rob

                                  --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Rose" <theroser02@...> wrote:

                                  > Count me in Rob, I'm a veteran fantasy football guy, but I'll give
                                  > baseball a shot!
                                  >

                                  > --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Piggott" <piggrod15@>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Ok, it's about that time again.  Anybody interested in playing
                                  > fantasy
                                  > > baseball this year?  There wasn't enough interest to start a league
                                  > > last year, but I'd be happy to set it up if there's interest.
                                  > Respond
                                  > > to the board or to my e-mail and let me know.
                                  > >
                                  > > Rob

                                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                • Jorge Trujillo
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 10, 2006
                                    I'm sorry, for some reason I thogh you guys were talking about real baseball (minor leagues). Still if there's any body out there involve in this kind of leagues let me know and maybe I could become an sponsor.

                                    Jorge Trujillo <trujijm@...> wrote:
                                    Hi to all, my name is Jorge Trujillo; and I know, many of you don't know me. I'm a Real Estate Agent and live here in our great subdivision, I just moved to Remax Premier in Lake Villa and I will be farming our subdivision. I want you to know me and if you have questions related to Real Estate I will be more than happy to help. Also I would like to get more involve with the community and maybe could patrocinate one of the teams (all would depent on cost of course). Let me know if any body is interested.

                                    Rob Piggott <piggrod15@...> wrote:
                                    For those of you who expressed interest (and those of you who didn't
                                    but are interested anyway), here's the link to the Madrona Village
                                    Fantasy Baseball site:

                                    Click on "Join a League" under the "Free Fantasy Baseball" heading on
                                    the right side of the page.

                                    Then click on "Join a Custom League"
                                    The league ID is 53203
                                    The leage password is  madrona

                                    Follow the info from there to create your team!  If you know of
                                    anybody else who would be interested please invite them in!  We have
                                    room for 12 teams in the league.  If you have any questions about how
                                    the league works, holler.

                                    Rob

                                    --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Rose" <theroser02@...> wrote:

                                    > Count me in Rob, I'm a veteran fantasy football guy, but I'll give
                                    > baseball a shot!
                                    >

                                    > --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Piggott" <piggrod15@>
                                    > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Ok, it's about that time again.  Anybody interested in playing
                                    > fantasy
                                    > > baseball this year?  There wasn't enough interest to start a league
                                    > > last year, but I'd be happy to set it up if there's interest.
                                    > Respond
                                    > > to the board or to my e-mail and let me know.
                                    > >
                                    > > Rob

                                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                  • jason@yicdesign.com
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 13, 2006
                                      Rob,

                                      Thanks for opening the league. I just want to make sure that I am
                                      signed up. Do you know all the teams? If so, perhaps you could list
                                      them here and then those that want to join but don't see their name
                                      can get instruction on how to sign up.

                                      Also, I have a few friends/family who may be interested in joining.
                                      If we don't get enough teams in MV can I invite them to join (can we
                                      deduct points for not being a part of our community?!)?

                                      I'm already looking at Sammy to be my darkhorse. Too bad we can't get
                                      points for Japan leagues...

                                      -Jason
                                    • Rob Piggott
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 16, 2006
                                        Jason (and others),

                                        We currently have 4 teams signed up. They are:
                                        Madrona Cubs - Jason Starzec
                                        Gapshot4 - Rob Piggott
                                        Chicago Cub-ette - Shanna Piggott
                                        Round Lake Rukus - theroser02

                                        The league is set up for 10 and it's definitely more fun with more
                                        people than we have now. If you know of anybody who would want to
                                        sign up please send them the info. I'd rather have it full with
                                        people not from the community than half full with only Madrona residents.

                                        I wouldn't count too much on Sammy for any fantasy points this year.
                                        There is no stat category for number of corked bats used or injuries
                                        caused by sneeze. If those categories existed he would be your man.

                                        Al, Sean, didn't you guys play last time we had a community league??

                                        Rob

                                        --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, jason@... wrote:

                                        > Rob,
                                        >
                                        > Thanks for opening the league. I just want to make sure that I am
                                        > signed up. Do you know all the teams? If so, perhaps you could list
                                        > them here and then those that want to join but don't see their name
                                        > can get instruction on how to sign up.
                                        >
                                        > Also, I have a few friends/family who may be interested in joining.
                                        > If we don't get enough teams in MV can I invite them to join (can we
                                        > deduct points for not being a part of our community?!)?
                                        >
                                        > I'm already looking at Sammy to be my darkhorse. Too bad we can't get
                                        > points for Japan leagues...
                                        >
                                        > -Jason

                                      • Sean Gillette
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 16, 2006
                                          I did play last year, but it always seems we, or maybe just I, lose interest in the baseball league half way through the season.  I love football, baseball is too much for me on a daily basis. Sorry.

                                          Sean

                                          Rob Piggott <piggrod15@...> wrote:
                                          Jason (and others),

                                          We currently have 4 teams signed up.  They are:
                                          Madrona Cubs - Jason Starzec
                                          Gapshot4 - Rob Piggott
                                          Chicago Cub-ette - Shanna Piggott
                                          Round Lake Rukus - theroser02

                                          The league is set up for 10 and it's definitely more fun with more
                                          people than we have now.  If you know of anybody who would want to
                                          sign up please send them the info.  I'd rather have it full with
                                          people not from the community than half full with only Madrona residents.

                                          I wouldn't count too much on Sammy for any fantasy points this year.
                                          There is no stat category for number of corked bats used or injuries
                                          caused by sneeze.  If those categories existed he would be your man.

                                          Al, Sean, didn't you guys play last time we had a community league??

                                          Rob

                                          --- In madronavillage2@yahoogroups.com, jason@... wrote:

                                          > Rob,
                                          >
                                          > Thanks for opening the league.  I just want to make sure that I am
                                          > signed up.  Do you know all the teams?  If so, perhaps you could list
                                          > them here and then those that want to join but don't see their name
                                          > can get instruction on how to sign up.
                                          >
                                          > Also, I have a few friends/family who may be interested in joining.
                                          > If we don't get enough teams in MV can I invite them to join (can we
                                          > deduct points for not being a part of our community?!)?
                                          >
                                          > I'm already looking at Sammy to be my darkhorse.  Too bad we can't get
                                          > points for Japan leagues...
                                          >
                                          > -Jason

                                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                          Sincerely,

                                          Sean Gillette

                                          <Shameless Promotion Plug>
                                          “Peace, Love, and Jstreet Radio”
                                          Jstreet RADIO on 98.3 FM WRLR Thursday's 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
                                          Stream the show live at http://www.jstreetzine.com/radio