Rotary/RGHF: Why I Am A Rotarian - Mounir Ezz Eldin

  • rvepl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008

      Rotary Global History Fellowship

      WHY I AM A ROTARIAN

           MOUNIR EZZ ELDIN

      In 1976 I was invited to become a Rotarian. I did so because I appreciated the idea of serving our community and the needy by using all resources available. Additionally, I also appreciated the opportunity to develop long life friendships and the ability to apply high ethical standards while spreading good will and peace.
           The more you are involved in Rotary, the more you enjoy it, because it is about people who give and people who need.  About 1.2 million business and professional men and women in leadership positions within their respective vocations, are making decisions and get things done.
          True Rotarians are unique individuals who are "movers and shakers" in their communities. Rotary clubs are different from other clubs , because they are considered to be "Banks of ideas and service. "

      Imagine, what would our communities be like without Rotary?
      Could we have succeeded to eradicate polio, if there were no Rotary?

      MOUNIR EZZ ELDIN
      GOVERNOR DISTRICT 2450, 1991 /92
      R.C.
      HELIOPOLIS / CAIRO, EGYPT

      Please post your comments at http://www.historycomment.org

      www.joinrghf.org Become part of Rotary History
      www.whatpaulharrissaid.org "WPHS archives and submissions"
      www.ourfoundation.info RGHF's Rotary Foundation newsletter
       www.whyiam.org  "Why I am a Rotarian" archives, and submissions

      Rotarians and Rotary organizations are welcome to use any material from the RGHF websites, provided that credit is given to the material as part of "Rotary Global History Fellowship" www.rotaryhistoryfellowship.org The material may be quoted, excerpted or used in its entirety, but the information should not be changed or modified in any way.

      AOL's new homepage has launched. Take a tour now.