Fw: What Paul Harris Said for Sunday October 1st

  • River Valley Exports P. Ltd
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006

      What Paul Harris Said

      October 1 2006

      "But, we ask, must the best genius of men be devoted to the science of war and none to the science of averting it?"

      Paul P. Harris – Guest Editorial in The Rotarian (Feb. 1940) “We Must Plan for Peace.” http://www.whatpaulharriswrote.org/rotarian/1940peace.htm

      As with all of Paul Harris’ quote, reading the entire article, in this case http://www.whatpaulharriswrote.org/rotarian/1940peace.htm is essential to understanding his thoughts and the context of the quote. Our continued gratitude to RGHF senior historian Dr. Wolfgang Ziegler for acquiring a vast collection of Rotary history and making this and other articles of Harris available at www.whatpaulharriswrote.org

      This article, a guest editorial in the February 1940 issue of The Rotarian is a warning of pending, and ongoing war and inquires why we don’t plan for peace.

      John M. Selway
      Founder, Secretary, Managing Webmaster RGHF
      Member: Rotary eClub of The Southwest, USA

      Add addresses? Change addresses? Remove duplicate mailings?

       www.joinrghf.org Become part of Rotary History
      www.whatpaulharrissaid.org "WPHS archives and submissions"
       www.ourfoundation.info RGHF's Rotary Foundation newsletter
       www.whyiam.org  "Why I am a Rotarian" archives, and submissions

      Comments to each of our features are found at www.rghfforum.org

      DISCLAIMER: The contents of all RGHF mailings, have been researched, collected, compiled, and written by Rotarians to preserve the history and underlying philosophies of the Rotary movement. This website was created on 11 October 2000. This fellowship is not an agency of, or controlled by, Rotary International, but is affiliated with individual Rotary districts, clubs, other Rotary organizations and enjoys the support of Rotarians, clubs, districts, and zones worldwide. The views and opinions expressed on this website are not necessarily the collective views and opinions of Rotary International or all Rotarians. Rotary International is not responsible for any content and accepts no liability therefore.