Rotary - What Paul Harris Said - February 25, 2006

  • rvepl
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      Rotary Global History Fellowship

      Authorized by Rotary International

      www.RotaryHistoryFellowship.org

      What Paul Harris Said – February 25, 2006

      “Formation of a new club brings change to the old club, forces the existing club to look at its "conventionalities" and often brings about positive change. A newly created club forces its "older" club to become better.  Everyone benefits - - the community, Rotary International, new members and existing members -- from the formation of new Rotary clubs.”

      Paul P. Harris,

      In his address to the 1930 Rotary
      International Convention

      Have you ever been involved in starting a new club?  Rotary extension is a most important part of membership growth, yet it seems there are always naysayers who espouse doomsday scenarios culminating in the death, demise/ruination of the old and new entities.

      Nothing is further from the truth.  New start-ups always are a win/win.

      Edward “Eddie” Blender

      EBlender@...

      The Rotary Club of Edwards

      (Down Valley)

      D5470 Colorado ,USA

      Fellow Rotarians,

      This is the last “What Paul Harris Said” quote from Eddie Blender. I want to congratulate and thank Eddie for his long and consistent Rotary History Service. You can see a complete collection of Eddie’s contributions of “What Paul Harris Said” quotes on our website at www.rotaryhistoryfellowship.org/minute/.

      In the Rotary spirit of rotating, Eddie’s job will be taken over next week by Vice Chairman Cal Thompson and Secretary Raj Bedi, who will work as a team. They are both very excited about it. Good luck to both of you!

      It is important to understand Rotary History

      when we shape the Future of Rotary.

      Mats Ingemanson

      Chairman

      Rotary Global History Fellowship

      (Authorized by Rotary International)

      If each Rotarian contributes $100 per year to the Rotary Foundation. Rotary would, with its 1,221,920 members around the world, collect $122,192,000. One hundred dollars per year is only 27 cents per day. I have not yet met a Rotarian, who could not afford such an amount. These 27 cents per day would help Rotary make an even bigger difference in the world and make sure that Rotary continues to have an excellent around the world. You can read more about the Rotary Foundation at www.rotary.org/foundation.

      You can conveniently make a tax deductible $100 donation to the Rotary Foundation via the Internet at the following website:

      https://riweb.rotaryintl.org/donor_xml/contributionmenu.asp

      Rotary Foundation Chairman 2005-2006 and Rotary International President 2000-2001 Frank J. Devlyn said:

      Rotary Global History Fellowship is an instrumental tool for those forward-thinking people who wish to learn from our history, in order to guide our future.

      Our weekly “What Paul Harris Said” quote is received every week by more than 6,300 Rotarians around the world. “What Paul Harris said” is also quoted at many Rotary meetings as their weekly “Rotary Minute”.

      Many leading Rotarians around the world are members in Rotary Global History Fellowship. You can support our mission by becoming a member of Rotary Global History Fellowship. It only requires a contribution of $25 per year or $100 for five years. This contribution will be used to pay for the costs of running our fellowship. It is easy to sign up, just click on this link www.joinrghf.org or send an e-mail to Chairman@....

      To unsubscribe, click the reply button and email this message back to the sender with the single word, in the subject line: unsubscribe.

      You can reach me via e-mail at Chairman@....

      Yours in Rotary Service,

      Mats Ingemanson

      Chairman

      Rotary Global History Fellowship

      (Authorized by Rotary International)

      www.RotaryHistoryFellowship.org

      www.NYRotaryHistory.org

      DISCLAIMER: The contents of this project, have been researched, collected, compiled, and written by Rotarians to preserve the history and underlying philosophies of the Rotary movement. This fellowship is not an agency of, or controlled by, Rotary International, but is affiliated with individual Rotary districts, clubs, other Rotary organizations and enjoys the support of Rotarians, clubs, districts, and zones world-wide. The views and opinions expressed on this website are not necessarily the collective views and opinions of Rotary International or all Rotarians. Rotary International is not responsible for any content and accepts no liability therefore.

      Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
      Checked by AVG Free Edition.