POLIO NID's 4th April 2004.
Re: POLIO NIDs 4th April 2004.
Dear Rotarians ,
Now is the time to make the last push to reach the target of POLIO FREE WORLD by 2005Rotarys promise to the people of this world.. This is the time to redouble efforts & ensure a full turnout at NIDs and be counted as responsible rotarian and citizens.
ROLE OF ROTARY IN POLIO ERADICATION EFFORTS
- Co-ordinate with state/district/local health officials
- Strive for positive media coverage
- Co-ordinate activities of local health staff and local government officials.
- Ensure local media coverage and coverage in club bulletins
- Encourage Community participation
- Utilize material provided by INPPC through Rotary District.
IN PULSE POLIO IMMUNIZATION ON NIDs/SNIDs on 4th April/9th May.
- Teachers of local Schools, Madrasas, Missionary Groups
- Panchayat Representatives
- Health Workers (PMWs, ANMs, Anganwadi Workers, ICDS Members) Faith Leaders, Traditional Healers
- Representatives of Religious Institutions
- Nagar Nigam Members
- Presidents of Resident Welfare Associations
- Heads of Local Trade Associations
B. Decide on total no. of booths and allocate specific no. of booths to club members.
C. Run and monitor allotted booths.
D. Make special efforts:-
INHOUSE TO HOUSE IMMUNISTATION
IN MOP-UP IMMUNIZATION
ROLE OF ROTARY IN SURVEILLANCE OF ACUTE FLACCID PARALYSIS (AFP)
Rotarians are encouraged to visit all schools and thru the principals and Teachers motivate all school children of all age groups to ensure that every child in their neighbourhood, in the age group 0 to 5 years are given the Polio Vaccine on NIDs & SNIDs. Children are our best bet and if teachers can motivate them to ensure all children of 0-5 years get Polio drops on 5th April and to report if some children in their family, neighbourhood or from their area did not get the polio Vaccine on NIDs day they will inform the teachers and those children can be visited at home during door to door follow up and given the drops. This requires special attention by Rotarians and can make the difference to the Polio Eradication programme.
Friends, we have immense responsibility to ensure that India can be certified Polio Free & that is possible only if each & every Rotarian puts in his best efforts to travel the last mile successfully on the road to a Polio Free India & the World.
Yours in Rotary
District Secretary RID 3080