NID Team Visit Information

  • Madhukar Malhotra
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
      Dear President Rakesh,

      Further to my mail of Saturday I request you to kindly confirm and advise names of hosts from your club. Would appreciate receiving this information by this evening at the latest. Your support will be appreciated. TIll now we have confirmation from only three clubs

      Yours in Rotary Service

      Madhukar Malhotra
      District Governor 2010-11
      DRFC 2013-16
      rid 3080

      A Polio NID from USA & other countries will be visiting Chandigarh D3080 for participating in Polio NID  from 23rd afternoon to 17th morning. On behalf of DG Manmohan Singh we seek minimum 3-4 hosts from each club in the tricity to host the participants whose details are attached. The itinerary is as below :

      February 23rd, Saturday     DELHI – CHANDIGARH

      7:00 am               Check out of hotel, pay any extras, baggage down to lobby / bus
      7:15 am               Buffet breakfast at hotel – Restaurant 360 (included in your hotel stay)
        8:00 am             Depart hotel for Chandigarh
      1:00 pm               Arrive at Indradhanush Auditorium, Panchkula, the venue of the District Conference.
                                 Lunch at District Conference
      4.00pm                Presentation of NID team leader at the Conference
                                After the Conference:
                               Dinner at conference or with Hosts as per the option of guests/hosts
                                Team Bus to be parked at RVTCion of the Hosts
        Overnight           Home stay

      February 24th, Sunday     CHANDIGARH – BOOTH DAY

      9:00 am               Breakfast with Hosts
      9:30 am               Leave for respective areas for NID Booth Day – Hosts/ team members accompany local Rotaract/Rotary members to                                      various booths.     Working lunch(packed) will be provided to participants on departure for NID booths.
      4:00 pm               Free time with host families
      7:00 pm               Dinner with host families
      Overnight             Home stay

      February 25th, Monday     CHANDIGARH – MOP UP DAY

      8:00 am             Breakfast with host families
        9:00 am           NID House-to-House with local Rotary/Rotaract members & Health Care Workers
      1:00 pm             Assemble at RVTC(Rotary House)/alternative venue for lunch, Visit to the Rotary Vocational Training Center and Media Interaction
      2.30 pm             Leave for Fortis Hospital in Team Bus to meet poor children admitted with heart disease under Heartline   Project.
      3:00 pm             Assemble at Fortis for Heartline Project visit & interaction with patients & doctors
      3:30 pm             Depart for Rotary House
      4.00pm              Leave Rotary House with hosts to freshen up. Team Bus to be parked at RVTC
      6:00 pm             Arrive at RVTC for Rotary Club of Chandigarh club meeting
      8.00 pm             Dinner with host families
      Overnight           Home stay

      February 26th, Tuesday     CHANDIGARH

      7:30 am               Breakfast with host families
      8:00 am               Depart from RVTC for "Virasat-e-Khalsa", Anandpur Sahib in Team Bus.
      10:00 am             Tour of "Virasat-e-Khalsa" and Keshghar Sahib Gurudwara
      1.00 pm               Leave for Lunch
      2.30pm                Leave for Chandigarh
      4.30pm                Depart from RVTC with host families for free time with hosts. Team Bus to be parked at RVTC.
      7.30pm                Gala dinner for visitors & host Rotarians at CGA (formal attire)
      Overnight              Home stay

      February 27th, Wednesday     CHANDIGARH – AMBALA – DELHI

      7:30 am               Breakfast with hosts
      8:30 am               Assemble at RVTC for departure to Ambala in Team Bus.
      9:00 am               Depart for Ambala
      10:00 am             Arrive at Ambala for visit to the Rotary Cancer Hospital of RC Ambala; lunch hosted by the Rotary Club of Ambala; Rukmani Devi Memorial Hall
      12:30 pm              Departure for Delhi

      Look forward to your club arranging FOUR hosts for shared rooms or doubles. Will appreciate your confirmation by Tuesday 19th February or earlier . The short notice & delay in information is regretted as I was traveling & missed this crucial detail.

      Please coordinate with District Polio Chair PP P C Goyal,  District Rotaract Chair PP Baldev Aggarwal or Coordinator Rtn APS Dhiman or the Assistant Governor.

      Thanks & regards

      Regards

      Yours in Rotary Service

      Madhukar Malhotra
      District Governor 2010-11
      DRFC 2013-16
      rid 3080

      Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 14:38:57 +0530
      Subject: NID Team visit Information
      From: apsdhiman@...
      To: goelparveen@...; vivekrotarychd@...; dg1011rotary3080@...; baldevaggarwal@...; kawal_bedi@...
      CC: praveengoyal58@...

      Dear Parveen ji

      You are aware that PDG Cynde is leading a group of 27 Rotarians to participate in NID in February and I was asked to coordinate the visit. Although this information and request for hosts has been consecutively printed in our Club bulletin this month, no one has offered to host the guests during the visit yet but for Rtn Neenu Vij and Madhu ji as hosts. Two or three members may host if we are in dire straits. I have spoken to almost all the potential and regular hosts from our club but due to various reasons members have expressed inability to host this time. The District conference, earlier NID team visit in January and GSE team visit are also the reasons for the present difficult situation. Madhu ji is trying to help. He has spoken to the Presidents of the tricity clubs and we are hopeful of getting some hosts. President Vivek has also been trying his best to arrange for the hosts and I believe he had spoken to you also. We need all the help we can get. I believe you needed a formal request in this matter so I am making one. Kindly see what you can do to help. Please be aware that a rotaractor is also visiting separately for NID. She also has to be accommodated.

      I am sending the required info on NID team from USA. The itinerary is as follows:

      February 23rd, Saturday     DELHI – CHANDIGARH

      7:00 am               Check out of hotel, pay any extras, baggage down to lobby / bus
      7:15 am               Buffet breakfast at hotel – Restaurant 360 (included in your hotel stay)
        8:00 am             Depart hotel for Chandigarh
      1:00 pm               Arrive at Indradhanush Auditorium, Panchkula, the venue of the District Conference.
                                 Lunch at District Conference
      4.00pm                Presentation of NID team leader at the Conference
                                After the Conference:
                               Dinner at conference or with Hosts as per the opt
                                Team Bus to be parked at RVTCion of the Hosts
        Overnight           Home stay

      February 24th, Sunday     CHANDIGARH – BOOTH DAY

      9:00 am               Breakfast with Hosts
      9:30 am               Leave for respective areas for NID Booth Day – Hosts/ team members accompany local Rotarians to                  various booths.     Working lunch(packed) will be provided to participants on departure for NID booths.
      4:00 pm               Free time with host families
      7:00 pm               Dinner with host families
      Overnight             Home stay

      February 25th, Monday     CHANDIGARH – MOP UP DAY

      8:00 am             Breakfast with host families
        9:00 am           NID House-to-House with local Rotarians & Health Care Workers
[...]

      7.30pm                Gala dinner for visitors & local Rotarians (formal attire)
      Overnight              Home stay

      February 27th, Wednesday     CHANDIGARH – AMBALA – DELHI

      7:30 am               Breakfast with hosts
      8:30 am               Assemble at RVTC for departure to Ambala in Team Bus.
      9:00 am               Depart for Ambala
      10:00 am             Arrive at Ambala for visit to the Rotary Cancer Hospital of RC Ambala; lunch hosted by the Rotary Club of Ambala; Rukmani Devi Memorial Hall
      12:30 pm              Departure for Delhi

      Regards

      AP

      Dear AP,

      I am attaching a list that shows how the participants are rooming in the hotels (they are grouped by number/color).  The Yellow highlighted names are all married couples.  The Blue hightlighted names are individuals (traveling alone) that agreed to share a room, but they do not have to have the same host families.  The Green highlighted names are the individuals that requested their own room at the hotels.

      The second list is the more important information you requested.  It includes information about if they are Smoker/Non Smoker; Social Drinker/Non Drinker; Vegetarian; Rotarian; etc.

      I believe they were all Non-Smokers.

      Vegetarians: there are two, Margarita Lartitegui & Claudia Carrington and they are sharing a room in the hotels.

      Allergies:  Both Covington's are allergic to Shellfish ; Deanna Madgich & Dale Batten are allergic to Penicillin ; Desiree Atolagbe is a Diabetic.

      Cynde