Pakistan - See Your Roots - Applications invited till 16th December 2012 with information as below

  • Madhukar Malhotra
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2012
      Dear Rotarians,

      Pakistan Home Visit Exchange & District Conference Exchange Program

      DG Manmohan Singh District 3080 and DG Anthony Richards District 3272 have proposed a unique program "See Your Roots" with the aim to promote peace and also given an opportunity to those whose families migrated from across the borders to visit their ancestral lands. We plan to start with small groups on both sides. We will pair them up with Rotary Clubs in such areas and act as facilitators. Two couples from each zone will be given priority on a First Come basis.

      With the historic agreement between our governments to ease visa restrictions, we are planning that our respective District Conferences be dedicated to Peace and plan an exchange of a large number of Rotarians and their families to visit each others’ Conference. D-3080’s Conference dates are February 22-24, 2013. D-3272’s Conference dates are March 29-31,1 2013.

      Please discuss with your club members and inform where in Pakistan you will like to go to visit your ancestral cities/towns. Each member / family desirous of visiting his birth place or ancestral lands in Pakistan should give the name of the town to enable our counterparts to generate a visa invitation from a Rotarian of the area on one to one basis. This is being done to ensure visa is available to those desirous of visiting Pakistan as earlier we have faced problem in getting visa for a larger group.

      This program will be coordinated by Rtn. Prabhjit Singh, Rtn. T.K. Ruby and Rtn. Vinod Malhotra. Response should only be made to the special email ID seeyourroots@... which is accessible to all three including the District Governor.

      Request should include the following data for each member and accompanying spouse.

      Name & Passport Details:___________________

      Club:___________________

      Town in Pakistan:___________________

      The applicant should be a current donor to the TRF and active in Rotary activities at his club.

      Yours in Rotary Service

      Madhukar Malhotra
      District Governor 2010-11
      DRFC 2013-16