FW: December Newsletter to DG's

  • Madhukar Malhotra
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010

      ROTARY INTERNATIONAL
      RAY KLINGINSMITH
      President, 2010-11
      TEL 847.866.3025
      Fax 847.866.3390
      Spouse:Judie

      One Rotary Center
      1560 Sherman Avenue
      Evanston, Illinois
      60201-3698 USA
      ph 847.866.3000
      fax 847.328.3390
      www.rotary.org

       To: District Governors

      Re: December 2010 Newsletter

                  I am writing this newsletter in Perth, Australia, which is the location of my last zone institute for the year. I have enjoyed the opportunity to see many of you during my visits to 10 of the 19 institutes this year.

                  I believe the trips by Rotarians to the various National Immunization Days in polio endemic countries have been good experiences, and I would like to provide more opportunities for Rotarians to participate in the NID trips before the happy day when they are no longer needed. Most of the NID trips are planned and conducted by individual Rotarians without fanfare. Therefore, I need your assistance to identify the NID organizers, so I may give some publicity to their efforts. If you know one or more of the NID trip organizers, please send me their names and district numbers, and I will express my appreciation to them for their great work!

                  The 2011 International Assembly will be held on 17-21 January in San Diego, and I hope you will consider either a bon voyage party or a homecoming party for your successors. They deserve your support as they Enter to Learn and Go Forth to Serve, and your hosting of an event for them as they depart for, or return from, San Diego will be helpful in fostering continuity and stability in your districts. After all, the best class of district governors in the history of Rotary should be supportive of the Rotarians who just missed the chance to be in the “best class” by one year!

                  Here are a few reminders and advisories for you to share with the Rotarians in your districts:

      1)      The Rotary Reunions and Projects Expo in Cape Town on 3-5 February. More information is available at http://raysrotaryreunions.weebly.com.
      2)      The RI convention in New Orleans on 21-25 May 2011. The first discount period ends on 15 December and the registration fee increases from $300 to $340 per person after that day.
      3)      The Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, California, USA on New Year’s Day, 1 January. Contributions to support the Rotary float in the parade may be made online at www.rotaryfloat.org.

                  The Winds of Change are still prevailing in this Rotary year, and I expect to advise you next month of some significant items on the agenda for the RI board meeting, which follows the international assembly. I hope your districts are also continuing to look for ways to make Rotary even Bigger, Better, and Bolder!

      Building Communities -- Bridging Continents

      Please send any comments or suggestions to me at ray.klinginsmith@...

      At any point you can change your e-mail preferences by choosing the appropriate option:
      Update profile/E-mail address | Unsubscribe
      Click here to read about Rotary International’s privacy policy.