RE: Youth Exchange

  • Madhukar Malhotra
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010

      Subject: Youth Exchange
      Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 22:15:10 +0530

      Dear Fellow Rotarian,
              The Rotary year 2009-10 has been very satisfying year as far as Youth Exchange
      activities are concerned in our District. We are fully certified District for carrying out
      YE activities from June 2010.
      From participation of 1 - 2 clubs in YE activities the participation has increased to 11 clubs in year 2009-10.
      The usual refrain of clubs "we are small club"  and "............. is a small place" myth has
      been broken by participation of clubs from small towns in YE activities last Rotary year.
      Youth Exchange is about :

      -         Forming International Friendships,

      -         Learnening to communicate anew,

      -         Gaining a fresh understanding of yourself and others,

      -          Immersing themselves in a different culture,

      -         Appreciating others’ ways of doing things and

      -         Acting as an ambassador for, and educate others about your country?

      YE is open to boys & girls in the age group 16 - 22 years( extendable upto 25 years with special
      arrangements with other districts) depending on availability of same age group youth.
      Youth sponsored by Rotary Clubs are welcome to participate.
      It is open to children of Rotarian's & Non-Rotarian's.
      The total expenses are air fare + pocket expenses + expenses for keeping counterpart.
      All local travelling + stay + food expenses are taken care by hosts.
      The details of short term & long term youth are in the attached leaflet.
      The Long Term Exchange is School programme and lasts 12 months.
      The District & Clubs are supposed sponsor & host the youth.
      Clubs or host families are supposed to pay pocket money to youth in addition to boarding, lodging and School fees.
      Short Term Exchange is 3 - 6 weeks & is cultural exchange.
      The youth going for exchange are supposed to host his / her counterpart.
      New Generation's Exchange is for youth in age group 20 - 25 years.
      It is basically an internship programme & lasts from 4 - 8 weeks.
      Summers camps are short term YE and lasts 10 - 20 days.
      There is no exchange involved. The charges for participating in summer camps vary
      from nil to $ 600 + traveling in different camps in various countries. The advantage
       is that youth has chance to interact with youth from 15 - 30 countries.
      May I request the District Coordinators to give their preference as to which part
      of YE they would like to handle.
      I would also like to request District Coordinators to get Committees formed in
      various zones through Zonal Chairman's in consultation with Assistant Governor's.
      Wishing youth in your areas happy exchange.
      Cheers, keep smiling !

      Rtn Navjit Singh Aulakh
      YE Counselor D-3080
      # 537 , Sector 10-D,
      Chandigarh -160011 / India
      Tel + 91-(0)172-2743290 / 2743018 (Priv.)
            +91-(0)172-2236236 / 5092839 (Office)
            +91-(0)172-2743018                 (Fax)
      Mobile +91 - 98140 12236
      e-mail ID
        nsaulakh537@...

       rotary87@...

      "Modern technology, Owes ecology, An apology.
      Save paper & save trees to protect environment.
      Use paper when necessary to save trees. "
      ~Alan M. Eddison

      Build a bright career through MSN Education Sign up now.

      The dark side of terrorists revealed in MSN Internal Security Get it now.

      Manage your finance and manage money through MSN Money Special Drag n’ drop
    • Madhukar Malhotra
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 19, 2011

        Further Summer Camp & YE  opportunities for Youth from Rotary Families,Interact/Rotaract and the community you serve at large. Please circulate widely

        SUMMER CAMP (Hungary)
        Host : District - 1911 and Rotary Club Göd (Göd is a suburban town of Budapest)
        Theme - Sports, Outdoor Activities & visit to interesting places of Budapest - Danube Bend
        Period - 1st July, 2011 ( Arrival) - 11th July, 2011 ( Departure)
        Age : 16 - 18 years
        No. of Participants : 14 ( Boys & Girls) from outside + Local participants
        Cost : Travel to & from to Budapest, Hungary and other out of pocket expenses. Participation fee € 100+ Health Insurance.
        Deadline for application : 30th April, 2011

        LONG TERM YOUTH EXCHANGE (TAIWAN)
        Rotary Youth Exchange Multi-district's of Taiwan comprising of Districts 3460, 3470, 3490 and 3510,
        wants to send a male student to our District 3080 for 2011-2012 exchange.
        His name is Jackson, Yu-Pin Hsu. Jackson is sponsored by Lu Kang East Rotary Club of District 3460.
        He is studying at Zen Del Senior High School and was born August 2, 1994.
        If any Rotary Club is willing to host a student, in return a student sponsored by the Rotary Club can go on exchange for there.

      • Madhukar Malhotra
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 10, 2012

          From: Navjit Singh Aulakh <nsaulakh537@...>
          Date: February 7, 2012 2:56:47 PM GMT+05:30
          Subject: Short Term Youth Exchange 2012

          Dear Rotary Leader,
                  We are in the process of organizing Short Term Youth Exchange in May/June July.
          Till now we have received invitation for Short Term YE from D1870 Germany.
          We have also received invitation for Short Term YE & Summer Camp from D1911 Hungary.
          We expect to receive invitation for Summer Camps from Germany & Egypt.
          Incase any youth in your community whether ward of Rotarian or Non-Rotarian  can apply.
          Incase anybody is interested please get in touch with the undersigned or Rtn Harjit Singh Saggu at
          e-mail ID rotaryye3080@... and Mobile 09814108903 .Awaiting your earliest response.
          With best Rotary regards
          Navjit S Aulakh

           YE Chair D3080