2632WGMeal.com - Its Changeover Time ! Awards/Recognitions & Installations ... June/July 2014..

  • Madhukar Malhotra
    Jun 22, 2014
    -

    Dear Rotary Leaders,

    All clubs will have a changeover shortly for the new Rotary year  & most will plan a thanksgiving/awards function and installation , maybe two independent events or combined. Polio Eradication remains the No 1 priority for the Rotary family worldwide . Imagine  If every Rotarian contributed Rs 100 or Rs200 or Rs 500 or more for the Polio Fund or maybe $10 each the world over ,  with the  2:1 matching promised by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation the collection would be in excess of USD $3Million.

    What a great idea and this could happen anywhere in the world. Be the changemaker and take the initiative to plan a WGM - Worlds Greatest Meal - Event at your Club/District Level to help rid the world of Polio ...if you decide to join in please sign up as www.wgmeal.com  Do explore the possibility, it can be done & you can make it happen.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWRypqz5-o&sns=em Please share and watch this new video - how to register your events via our website http://youtu.be/3NZwcGKUvNk - only takes minutes!

    Please ask your club, district and your friends to help  Rotary International in its End Polio Now program.

    Eradicating polio means that no child will ever again have to suffer the crippling effects of this devastating disease.
    Mission. Every child deserves to live in a world free from polio.

    Rotary's 25+ year effort to rid the world of polio is 99% complete -- Rotary launched the global fight against polio in 1985 and since then has helped immunize more than 2.5 billion children. The number of polio cases worldwide has decreased from 350,000 in 1988 to less than 425 cases in 2014.

    As a part of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative with UNICEF, the World Health Organization, CDC and the support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation -- we are this close to ending polio. But the World is still not Free of Polio. The Polio Virus knows no boundaries and we have many cases of importation of Polio in countries declared Polio Free years ago, we in India are more vulnerable as Pakistan & Afghanistan in our neighborhood pose a risk thru travelers and border contact.

    If every Rotarian gave equivalent of $1 and with the Gates 2:1 would be in excess of USD $3Million, not all will give but some of us can plan to give more and maybe we achieve a higher collection. Even a Rs 100 or Rs 50,000 collection is relevant & welcome towards the Polio Fund.

    It's  a great idea and this could happen anywhere in the world...please get your club and district leaders to join please sign up as www.wgmeal.com .

    Please share and watch this new video - how to register your events via our website http://youtu.be/3NZwcGKUvNk - only takes minutes!

    Please ask your club, district and your friends to help in enabling Rotary International in its End Polio Now programme.

    With Rotary Greetings
    Madhukar Malhotra
    D3080 India