2617Fwd: Rotary Club of Chandigarh

  • dg1011rotary3080
    May 8, 2014

      -------- Original message --------
      From: Rotary Club of Chandigarh <corepr@...>
      Date: 08/05/2014 17:36 (GMT+05:30)
      To: dg1011rotary3080@...
      Subject: Rotary Club of Chandigarh

      Rotary Club of Chandigarh

      Dainik Bhaskar Pride Award for Rotary Club Chandigarh

      Dainik Bhaskar conferred Pride Award to Rotary Club of Chandigarh for its Heartline Project

      Governor of Punjab, His Excellency Shri Shivraj Patil, gave the trophy and a citation, which was received by the Club's team of Rotarians including Past Rotary International President Rajendra K. Saboo, President Hassan Singh Mejie, Past Presidents Baldev Aggarwal, Charanjit Singh, Manmohan Singh Kohli, Neena Singh and Vivek Gupta, besides Project Chair Sukhjit Singh Gill and Mona Khattar.

      The award is a community recognition of the great efforts of the Rotarians for their zeal and mission 'not to let any child die for want of money'.

      Since 1999, when the project began as Gift of Life (now known as Rotary Heartline)  under matching grant project, the Club decided to continue with its mission even when the matching grant was over, and till date 500 lives of children have been saved by providing free cardiac surgery.

      Our heartiest compliments to every Rotarian, their families, our partner Fortis Hospital Mohali, and the angel supporters who continue to bring back the smiles on the faces of these children and their families.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic