      From: Ashok Mahajan <ashokmahajan883@...>
      Date: 04/01/2014 1:20 PM (GMT+05:30)
      To: Ashok Mahajan <ashokmahajan883@...>
      Subject: dg2013-14 : Historic Milestone

      Dear Rotary leaders,

      New Year Greetings from Mumbai!

      I am writing in to remind you all that we have about less than 9 days for the 13 January illuminations. I am happy and thankful to the NCMs and DGs who have already got confirmations and are proceeding with illumination preparation. Some of you have confirmed more than one site, which is really incredible.

      Some of you are yet to write to me about your preparation or progress regarding the illumination. Please, share your progress report with me at earliest.

      Remember, ‘13 January’ is not just the completion of three year sans Polio but a historic milestone for us and India.  Every Rotary District and Rotary Club must celebrate the event to reiterate Rotary’s global commitment to ending polio. This milestone must be celebrated to make Rotary heard and visible in shining light through ‘India is Polio-free’ on iconic buildings along with Rotary logo. It is even more significant for us… we must use the opportunity to highlight Rotary’s role and contribution in making this happen – India is Polio-free!

      We still have some time to identify, seek permissions from authorities (this takes time). So please brace up and motivate those in your District/s to get this started at earliest, lest we are too late. Do please give your all to make this celebration a huge success for Rotary!

      With warm regards,

      Ashok

      --

      ho9g6 - Click for Next Image...
      Trustee, The Rotary Foundation (2009-13)

      --

      ---