      From: Ramesh Aggarwal <raggarwal3010@...>
      Date: 29/12/2013 10:18 PM (GMT+05:30)
      To: Ramesh Aggarwal <raggarwal3010@...>
      Subject: VOICE LESSONS: STRENGTHENING ROTARY'S IMAGE THROUGH WORDS

      VOICE LESSONS: STRENGTHENING ROTARY’S http://clubrunner.blob.core.windows.net/00000002637/Images/RI-Wed-site.jpgIMAGE THROUGH WORDS

      For years, Rotary was described by the numbers: 1,220,115 members in 34,558 clubs in 200 countries and regions. Impressive figures, for sure, but they only tell part of our story. What numbers can't convey is the essence of Rotary –- what sets us apart and inspires people to get involved.

      So, as a part of global RI survey, Rotarians around the world were interviewed to discover why they're passionate about Rotary. What was found was a new way of talking about Rotary that focuses on three core ideas. Through Rotary, you can:

      §  Join leaders from all continents, cultures, and occupations

      §  Exchange ideas, bringing our expertise and diverse perspectives to help   solve some of the world's toughest problems

      §  Take action to bring lasting change to communities around the world

      It's not a new story but it is a new way of telling our story, one that conveys the top two reasons people join Rotary: for friendship and to make a difference in their communities.

      When you share your passion for Rotary, you have the power to change a stranger into a volunteer, a colleague into a donor, and a family member into a Rotarian.

      So the next time someone asks you, What is Rotary? you have a clear and compelling answer: "Through Rotary, I have a friend, partner, and adviser in communities around the world who are helping me make a difference."

      Of course, this is just one example. We want to hear how you'll describe Rotary when you're asked. Join the LinkedIn discussion to share your words.

      Watch a short video to get more ideas

      Take the Strengthen Rotary course

      Share our voice worksheet with club members

      Read Three Reasons to Strengthen Rotary's Image

      By Maureen Vaught, Rotary News

      Rtn. Ramesh Aggarwal

      B.Arch (Hons) M.Arch (UCLA, USA), M.C.A, A.I.I.A.

      Assistant Rotary Public Image Coordinator (2013-14)

      (RI Dist. 3010, 3100, 3070, 3080 & 3090)

      Dist. Governor (2012-13)

      Rotary International, Dist. 3010

      Member: Rotary Club of Delhi Ashoka

      Classification: Real Estate Development

      Managing Director:

      Ramesh Aggarwal & Associates Pvt. Ltd.

      2/14, Sarvapriya Vihar, New Delhi-110016

      PH: +91 11-26564293, +91 11-26854859,

      Fax: +91 11-26968509,

      Mob: +91 9811072303; +91 9654228808

      Email: raggarwal3010@...; apcorama@...