Ride Report - St. Patricks Day Ride

  • Bates McLain
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2007
      Chilly; a bit. Windy; quite a bit!
      Sunny, mid 40's, and 10-14 mph winds with gusts to 25mph.
      Perfect riding weather? You must be MAD!
      Four riders braved the elements to enjoy 30 plus miles of head wind,
      and 2 to 3 miles of tail wind. Funny thing about wind on a bicycle,
      wind is much worse than a hill, at least hills have two sides, up and
      down. You 'buy' the downhill with the uphill effort.
      The only tail wind encountered today was after we turned onto rte 230
      heading east from Willis Rd. I have never pulled that hill at 17 mph
      before, and then a blast east on 230 towards hot coffee at Sheetz at
      27 mph, effortlessly!!!
      Checkout lady at Sheetz suggested we were crazy (are crazy?) to be
      riding bicycles in that weather. What can I say?
      MAD cyclists!
      Perhaps she is right.
      Bates

      Today's MAD riders