Re: [madcyclists] New Year's Day Ride

  • Barry Penn Hollar
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2009
      Re: [madcyclists] New Year's Day Ride I’ll try to be there.  bph

      On 12/31/09 7:45 PM, "Bates McLain" <batesmclain@...> wrote:

      Tomorrow’s forecast is as good as we will have for the next week;    let’s ride!

      http://www.accuweather.com/us/va/madison/22727/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&metric=0&hbhday=2&hbhhour=7

      12:30 ride starting from the Brightwood Ruritan Club – 25-30 miles???

      Ya’ll come.

      Happy New Year to all.

    • Bates McLain
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010

        Weather for today still looks as good, well maybe just OK.. I’ll be at the Ruritan Club at 12:30.

        Weather forecast Saturday predicts 22 degrees at noon; Brrrrrrrr.  We better ride today.

        Happy New Year

        Bates

          --
          "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

          http://www.sharingtheroadinvirginia.org
        • Barry Penn Hollar
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 28, 2010
            New Year's Day Ride Folks,

            The forecast says a high of 56 (with a chance of rain).   So, I propose a New Years Day ride to start the year off on a good note.

            How about we meet at Waverly Yowell School in downtown Madison and do the Culpeper Club route through Oak Park, Brightwood, and Novum, 27 miles?  ( http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/3219617)  We’ll take it slow, of course.

            Departure time will be 1 pm.

            Barry Penn Hollar

            PS.  I’ll also be riding around noon on Friday from my house with my niece Maureen who has recently gotten her first bike.   Anybody wants to join us is welcome.