Yamato Super Ostrich Review

  • jpskull1
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
      Yamato VT-1 Super OStrich

      My Yamato haul for the month has finaly arrived! As an avid fan of
      Macross: Do You Remember Love? the VT-1 Super Ostrich was one of my
      most wanted valks and I must say, Yamato delivered! In its 1/60 scale
      glory, the Super Ostrich comes in a beautiful box the same size as a
      1/48 valk! The valk comes in the standard trainer colors of Orange
      and flesh(?). In a nutshell, it has a similar look in fighter mode
      with that of the VF-1D only difference is in the Battroid mode.
      The toy doesnt have any weapons, no gunpods or missles. It is a
      trainer after all. It only comes with a full set of trainer armor
      composed of leg shieldings and boosters. It can be noted that the
      valk doesnt have any arm attachments so it is lightly armored. The
      cocpit has two mini pilots figures of you guessed it. Hikaru and
      Minmei!!!! In fighter mode, the valk looks sweet and sleek. The
      booster units are relatively smaller compared with how Bandai scaled
      their 1/55 Ostrich's armor. Yamato could have made them bigger.
      Transformation to Gerwalk and Battroid s that of your standard 1/60
      valk and yes you still have to take out the legs.In battroid mode,
      the head is colored light creamish brown as opposed to the black
      color it should be sporting. I dont know why but for some reason this
      valk really appealed to me. The only qc problems with the toy is
      slidding the chest armor into place when transforming to battroid.
      The cockpit removal isnt a problem and the tab stresses which where a
      problem in past models was not evident in the VT-1. All in all it was
      worth the 4000 I had to pay to get it. The Elintseeker looked
      promising too but my priority was the Ostrich. A highly recomended
      piece especially for those who missed out on the 1/55 Ostrich. Better
      detail especialy with teh armor plus more possability.
      I also was able to purchase the 1/48 fast pack set and Ill be doing
      a review of it soon. I have one thing to say about the fast pack set
      though. Its not as bad a speople say it is. Get this, it has
      removable parts so you can see the inner mecahnisms of the fast
      packs!!!
    • Omni Existencia
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
        Ey,

        Nice review, I guess you've got your share na!

        Did you get them all from Malvin?

        Anywhoo, ako, nagaantay pa na ma-clear yung mga check na ibinayad sa akin. :-[

        Bro, paki check mo rin yung yahoo mailbox mo. nag email ata sa iyo si Butch.

        jpskull1 <jpskull1@...> wrote:
[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/fGIolB/TM

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Gerard Katigbak
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
          I'm selling some stuff if anyone is interested:

          1) MIB Yamato 1/48 VF-1S - P5200
              Box is C10. No exaggeration. Stickers unapplied. Valkarie itself is a
              C9. Been transformed a few times. Documents still in bag and tape.

          2) MIB Bandai 1/55 Super VF-1S - P3500
              Box is C9. Valkarie is a C9.5. Transformed 2x. Documents still in bag
              and tape. Missiles all on spru.

          3) MISB Transformers Collection #0 Optimus Prime - P3300
              Box is C9. Never removed from box. With energy ax.

          Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger
        • Maoie Estrella
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2003
            *sigh* just spent my cash on zoids... if i only had my xmas bonus
            right now...

            --- In macross_ph@yahoogroups.com, Gerard Katigbak <geevee_katigbak@y.