Happy New Year

  • jpskull1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hey guys happy new year! Well, 5 members since creating this group
      and I hope more would join tis year. It was a good year for us
      MAcross fans as numerous stuff were released for our enjoyment. The
      highlight being the release of the Yamato VF-1A and VF-1S and the
      Bandai VF-1J. Well, if you guys haven't gotten it, go to greenhills
      and pick one up! As a buyers guide for Macross stuff, I suggest you
      steer clear of Comic Express on the 2nd level. 8,000 bucks for the
      Cannon Fodder? I think not! The guy has a good selection of macross
      stuff but he himself admitted being a newbie with Macross toys which
      explains why his stuff are so damn expensive. Best toys and Jebbs are
      still the number one choice for me. Also, I think the super possables
      are a good deal and look really great. Im getting myself a set abroad
      as Best wont carry the series. If interested, valkyrie-exchange.com
      and VF-1X.com are reasonable palces to get them. The Bandai VF-1S and
      Yamato MAx are up for pre-order on HLJ so go get yours if you want o
      be ensured a piece.
      Next up for us collectors is the VF-1A max type and the bandai VF-
      1S. They should be out by March here in Manila so we have 2 months to
      save up. The VF-1J is fast disapearing so get yours now. To be honest
      the VF-1J re-release is my favourite among the current releases as it
      brings a certain nostalgic feel to it. Plus, the playability on this
      thing is really great compared to the Yamato and Takatoku and older
      Bandai valk owners will be able t oleave their older valks in their
      boxes as you will definitely not be scared to play with this.
      Well,I wish you guys a Happy, Happy New Year. Try to invite more
      people on this site so we can get to know more Macross fans here in
      he good ol' R.P. Try posting messages as well. The boards are looking
      quite lonely. With that said, hope to hear from you guys soon .Take
      care.

      jpskull1
    • Jay Batongbacal
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2002
        Thanks for the heads-up on the VF-1J, JP, haven't been
        to GH since I got the VF-1S due to the xmas traffic.
        How much does it go for? Money is a bit tight due to
        the post-holiday financial drain. You're right about
        Comic Express, the prices are outrageous. Best Toys
        and Jebbs are a whole lot more reasonable, although I
        wish they could lower their mark-up a bit; but then,
        business is business.

        Do you know if there any other stores that can carry
        these items? I've seen Comic Alley sell a few but they
        are just about the same prices, and their procurement
        seems to be on a hit-or-miss basis. CATS Collectibles
        also seems to be a bit overpriced (P1.8K for
        Escaflowne, when the retail price coverted from US$ is
        only P780!). I'd rather wait until I go to HK or
        Tokyo...got the Gundam Fix Figuration FAZZ action
        figure in HK for less than P2K and the VF-19S in Tokyo
        for less than P3K!, and these were standard retail
        prices!

        I assume you've been buying online; have you had any
        problems? I have been putting off buying online on
        account of card info safety and credit control
        reasons. But some items seem to be too good to pass
        up.

        HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • Devilman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2025
          happy new year ! im lookn for a gbp armor maybe you can help me? thanks
          > Hey guys happy new year! Well, 5 members since creating this group
          >and I hope more would join tis year. It was a good year for us
          >MAcross fans as numerous stuff were released for our enjoyment. The
          >highlight being the release of the Yamato VF-1A and VF-1S and the
          >Bandai VF-1J. Well, if you guys haven't gotten it, go to greenhills
          >and pick one up! As a buyers guide for Macross stuff, I suggest you
          >steer clear of Comic Express on the 2nd level. 8,000 bucks for the
          >Cannon Fodder? I think not! The guy has a good selection of macross
          >stuff but he himself admitted being a newbie with Macross toys which
          >explains why his stuff are so damn expensive. Best toys and Jebbs are
          >still the number one choice for me. Also, I think the super possables
          >are a good deal and look really great. Im getting myself a set abroad
          >as Best wont carry the series. If interested, valkyrie-exchange.com
          >and VF-1X.com are reasonable palces to get them. The Bandai VF-1S and
          >Yamato MAx are up for pre-order on HLJ so go get yours if you want o
          >be ensured a piece.
          > Next up for us collectors is the VF-1A max type and the bandai VF-
          >1S. They should be out by March here in Manila so we have 2 months to
          >save up. The VF-1J is fast disapearing so get yours now. To be honest
          >the VF-1J re-release is my favourite among the current releases as it
          >brings a certain nostalgic feel to it. Plus, the playability on this
          >thing is really great compared to the Yamato and Takatoku and older
          >Bandai valk owners will be able t oleave their older valks in their
          >boxes as you will definitely not be scared to play with this.
          > Well,I wish you guys a Happy, Happy New Year. Try to invite more
          >people on this site so we can get to know more Macross fans here in
          >he good ol' R.P. Try posting messages as well. The boards are looking
          >quite lonely. With that said, hope to hear from you guys soon .Take
          >care.
          >
          >jpskull1

        • Devilman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2025
            have you tried hot stuff at mayon st.? look for don. just got me my 1st
            taka, a vf-1j almost mint for a really great price, im lookn for a gbp armor
            & a soc chogokin maybe you can help me. thanks happy new year