Learning Macrame

  • millie36722
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 5:37 PM
      Hello, Everyone!

      I'm new to Groups and this is my first. I was introduced to Macrame
      when I was 12 in school and after only 1 semester the art has always
      intrigued me.

      As an aspiring crafter I am desperately seeking my niche and would
      like to learn macrame all over again.
    • m_j_pettit
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2 9:10 AM
        Hello Millie,

        I too am new to the this group. I just joined in the past few days.
        So far I have not heard from anyone on the group, so I figure that
        since this is such a small group many members might be on vacation.

        Have you picked up any books and supplies to begin your journey into
        macrame. There are really so many things that you can do. The old
        just make hanging planters is still around, but in addition many
        other uses for macarme have been designed.

        I just picked up a book that has some wonderful designs for
        placemats. These are done in the poly cord, but I am thinking on the
        lines of 100% cotton. In the area of kitchen products the cotton is
        so much easier to care for.

        Let us know what you are starting with and if you need help ask and I
        will see what I can do.

        Mary

        --- In macramealostart@y..., "millie36722" <millie36722@y...> wrote:
        > Hello, Everyone!
        >
        > I'm new to Groups and this is my first. I was introduced to
        Macrame
        > when I was 12 in school and after only 1 semester the art has
        always
        > intrigued me.
        >
        > As an aspiring crafter I am desperately seeking my niche and would
        > like to learn macrame all over again.
      • Milagros Suriano
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2 1:16 PM
          Hi, Mary!
          I don't actually have any supplies. I was just browsing around and the group caught my eye. As an aspiring artist/crafter and new stay at home mom I am desperately seeking to find my niche.
          I look forward to learning from you and the others and hopefully, I will find an art I can be passionate about.
          I will look into the resources you sent.
          Thanks,

          Millie

          m_j_pettit wrote:Hello Millie,

          I too am new to the this group. I just joined in the past few days.
          So far I have not heard from anyone on the group, so I figure that
          since this is such a small group many members might be on vacation.

          Have you picked up any books and supplies to begin your journey into
          macrame. There are really so many things that you can do. The old
          just make hanging planters is still around, but in addition many
          other uses for macarme have been designed.

          I just picked up a book that has some wonderful designs for
          placemats. These are done in the poly cord, but I am thinking on the
          lines of 100% cotton. In the area of kitchen products the cotton is
          so much easier to care for.

          Let us know what you are starting with and if you need help ask and I
          will see what I can do.

          Mary

          --- In macramealostart@y..., "millie36722" <millie36722@y...> wrote:
          > Hello, Everyone!
          >
          > I'm new to Groups and this is my first. I was introduced to
          Macrame
          > when I was 12 in school and after only 1 semester the art has
          always
          > intrigued me.
          >
          > As an aspiring crafter I am desperately seeking my niche and would
          > like to learn macrame all over again.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • m_j_pettit
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3 8:42 AM
            Hi Millie,

            What other kinds of crafts are you doing? There are so many
            wonderful crafts available out in the world it is hard to choose just
            what can best suit oneself. I so many myself. Right now my faves
            are still crochet, tatting, chair braiding, and macrame.

            Good luck in your re-learning process. If you need help ask and I
            will see what I can do.

            Mary

            --- In macramealostart@y..., Milagros Suriano <millie36722@y...>
            wrote:

            > Hi, Mary!
            > I don't actually have any supplies. I was just browsing around and
            the group caught my eye. As an aspiring artist/crafter and new stay
            at home mom I am desperately seeking to find my niche.
            > I look forward to learning from you and the others and hopefully, I
            will find an art I can be passionate about.
            > I will look into the resources you sent.
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Millie
            >

            > m_j_pettit wrote:Hello Millie,
            >
            > I too am new to the this group. I just joined in the past few
            days.
            > So far I have not heard from anyone on the group, so I figure that
            > since this is such a small group many members might be on vacation.
            >
            > Have you picked up any books and supplies to begin your journey
            into
            > macrame. There are really so many things that you can do. The old
            > just make hanging planters is still around, but in addition many
            > other uses for macarme have been designed.
            >
            > I just picked up a book that has some wonderful designs for
            > placemats. These are done in the poly cord, but I am thinking on
            the
            > lines of 100% cotton. In the area of kitchen products the cotton
            is
            > so much easier to care for.
            >
            > Let us know what you are starting with and if you need help ask and
            > will see what I can do.
            >
            > Mary
            >
            > --- In macramealostart@y..., "millie36722" <millie36722@y...> wrote:
            > > Hello, Everyone!
            > >
            > > I'm new to Groups and this is my first. I was introduced to
            > Macrame
            > > when I was 12 in school and after only 1 semester the art has
            > always
            > > intrigued me.
            > >
            > > As an aspiring crafter I am desperately seeking my niche and
            would
            > > like to learn macrame all over again.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.