Hello all Members!

  • actionva
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2002
      I am new to the group, my name is Michele Parker. I just recently got
      some information from a Family Reunion. My Grandmother was Catherine
      Elizabeth McQuarie. My Great Grandfather was Donald Raymond McQuarie,
      who was born in Argyle, NY in 1880. His parents came from the Isle of
      Ulva, near the Island of Mull in Scotland. I don't know much more,
      all this is new to me. I just learned this last weekend.
      Most of my Grandmothers brothers and sisters live in Minnesota or
      Wisconsin.
      I am hoping that some of this info sounds familiar to someone in the
      group, and I can get some more info.
      Thanks,
      Michele Parker
      Suffolk, Va.
    • Bill Mcquary
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2002
        Michele,

        Welcome. You might want to subscribe to the SCT-ISLEOFMULL-D Digest. Readers and
        contributors include folks whose ancesters came from Mull and Ulva and even some who, as
        they live nearby, can conduct local inquiries at your request. The digest sometimes
        includes McQ info resulting from such requests and you may discover relatives who are
        already subscribers.

        Go to SCT-ISLEOFMULL-D@... to sign up. The digest is a daily compilation of info
        exchanged. Alternatively, you can sighn up for the SCT-ISLEOFMULL-L, which forwards
        individual messages contributed as they are received.

        Regards,
        Bill

        actionva wrote:

        > I am new to the group, my name is Michele Parker. I just recently got
        > some information from a Family Reunion. My Grandmother was Catherine
        > Elizabeth McQuarie. My Great Grandfather was Donald Raymond McQuarie,
        > who was born in Argyle, NY in 1880. His parents came from the Isle of
        > Ulva, near the Island of Mull in Scotland. I don't know much more,
        > all this is new to me. I just learned this last weekend.
        > Most of my Grandmothers brothers and sisters live in Minnesota or
        > Wisconsin.
        > I am hoping that some of this info sounds familiar to someone in the
        > group, and I can get some more info.
        > Thanks,
        > Michele Parker
        > Suffolk, Va.
        >

        > This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
        > HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE

      • Tom McQuarrie
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2002
          Michelle,
          I would add my words of encouragement to Bill's, he gives good advise.
          I was able to make contact with two distant relatives as well as trace my
          family back to 1750 using the tools Bill suggests. You will learn a lot and
          meet some very nice people at the very least.
          Tom McQuarrie
          Pennsylvania
          I am new to the group, my name is Michele Parker. I just recently got
          some information from a Family Reunion. My Grandmother was Catherine
          Elizabeth McQuarie. My Great Grandfather was Donald Raymond McQuarie,
          who was born in Argyle, NY in 1880. His parents came from the Isle of
          Ulva, near the Island of Mull in Scotland. I don't know much more,
          all this is new to me. I just learned this last weekend.
          Most of my Grandmothers brothers and sisters live in Minnesota or
          Wisconsin.
          I am hoping that some of this info sounds familiar to someone in the
          group, and I can get some more info.
          Thanks,
          Michele Parker
          Suffolk, Va.

          4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/RN.GAA/FvNolB/TM

          .

        • Harvey Macquarrie
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2002
            To Tom and Michelle,
            Thanks for the info.
            Three years ago my wife(a McMillan) visited Ulva, had a very nice visit
            with the owner(can't remember name) and toured the MacQuarrie gift and clan
            center.
            Anyway, the weather was cold the 1st of March and it wasabout a 4-5
            mile hike to our cemetery,it could be kept up better!-------Maybe more later
            Harvey MacQuarrie
            Cheney,Washington