1901 Canadian Census

  • emgiglia
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2002
      For those of researching our Canadian ancestors - I recommend you
      check out the new Canadian Archives website for images of the 1901
      Census.

      http://www.archives.ca/02/020122_e.html

      You must search by geographic location. Once your query finds image
      files, you will display groups of images organized by "schedule 1"
      (names) or "schedule 2" (street names). I was able to locate the
      records of both sets of paternal grandparents.

      I recommend you read the introduction/instructions. It can be a
      daunting task until you get the hang of using the image viewer.

      Happy Hunting,
      Ellen
    • frank/yvonne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
        thanks, getting info from Canada can be difficult at times. Cyndislist also
        is a good reference