tartan day

  • Matthew A. C. Newsome
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2002
      Happy Tartan Day to the Clan MacQuarrie!

      www.tartanday.org

      We are having a parade today in Franklin, NC, sponsored by the Scottish
      Tartans Museum, with an open house at the museum with food and music
      afterwards.

      In New York, the world's largest ever gathering of pipers will be on
      parade. Over 10,000 pipers estimate. An article I read in the Glasgow
      Herald said that was 45 miles of kilts!

      What other Tartan Day activities are going on?

      Aye,
      Matt Newsome (getting ready to kilt up and head out the door!)

      albanach.org
    • Janis Leggott
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2002
        Have fun Mathew. No such event is taking place in UK (as far as I know).
        Everyone here seems to be obsessed with the death of some old lady.....I,m
        glad that the Jocks of USA have more intersting things on their minds. Lang
        may your lum reek!
        > Happy Tartan Day to the Clan MacQuarrie!
        >
        > www.tartanday.org
        >
        > We are having a parade today in Franklin, NC, sponsored by the Scottish
        > Tartans Museum, with an open house at the museum with food and music
        > afterwards.
        >
        > In New York, the world's largest ever gathering of pipers will be on
        > parade. Over 10,000 pipers estimate. An article I read in the Glasgow
        > Herald said that was 45 miles of kilts!
        >
        > What other Tartan Day activities are going on?
        >
        > Aye,
        > Matt Newsome (getting ready to kilt up and head out the door!)
        >
        > albanach.org
        >

        > This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
        > HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE

      • frank/yvonne
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2002
          Hi Matt, Here in New Hampshire is Tartan Day today with Indoor Games this
          afternoon and Concert tonight at Manchester High School, Manchester New
          Hampshire
          Frank