Kilt - Can ye gie's a haund?

  • Howard McQueary
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012
      Ho ye!, I am not sure how to go about getting a Macquarie kilt. A'm leukin
      for a casual great kilt or just a good kilt/stockings. I want to wear it
      for the Scottish games here in Washington State USA in June of this year. I
      hope to service in the welcoming tent for the Macquarie clan in Bellingham
      Washington and make a good showing for the clan.

      There are many places on the web and I am not sure which is better or if
      they are scammers. Are there other choices as I have a very talented
      significant other who can sew. Or, do we have a family hand me down or
      trading method. I am 6'2" about 215 lbs (should be 195lbs). I am about 57
      years old A'm tint.

      Thenk ye (uncoly)!

      Howard McQueary

      Kentucky USA branch through New Mexico USA of the McQueary clan currently
      living in Kent(Seattle) Washington USA.

    • Matthew A. C. Newsome
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012
        Howard,

        I am a kilt maker and my web site is here:
        http://newhousehighland.com/kilt_intro.html

        I've made kilts for a few members of the clan. However, my schedule is
        pretty full so at the moment I could not promise you a kilt by June.

        You may also consider having your kilt made through the Scottish Tartans
        Museum. They can get a kilt, usually in around 2 months time, made in
        Scotland, and the proceeds go to benefit the museum!
        http://giftshop.scottishtartans.org/kilts.html

        Matthew A. C. Newsome, GTS
        *kiltmaker, tartan designer*
        Governor of the Scottish Tartans Authority
        ---
        www.albanach.org - writings on Highland Dress
        www.newhousehighland.com - traditional kilts
        www.scottishkilthose.com - North American distributor for House of Cheviot