Legacy

  • Bill McQuary
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2011
      Many of you know that the MacQuarrie DNA Project was started almost two years ago to use science to trace each project member�s genealogical relationship to the clan. Some recall that the group�s founder, Tom McQuarrie, passed away after a protracted battle with cancer. Some may not realize, however, that time�s participation in the Project has not ended with his death.

      Yesterday, I was notified by Family Tree DNA that the Y-DNA test results of another person in the FTDNA database match Tom�s. This individual�s match won�t be the last. Individuals decades from submitting their DNA for testing may also prove to match Tom�s test results and, in aggregate, all those matches will paint a ever more complete picture of the connection between living individuals and the MacQuarrie Clan.

      The point I�m trying to make is that while DNA testing is not an inexpensive proposition, its benefit extend beyond one�s lifetime.

      Regards,

      Bill
      Project Co-administrator

      Bill McQuary
      dne.63e@...

    • alumniorutnj1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2011
        Hi Bill

        Thank you for that information. I'm sure Tom would have been very excited
        to hear the news. Actually, I feel his spirit is still with us and is
        smiling right now.

        Best wishes to all
        Dee

[...]

        In a message dated 4/5/2011 11:16:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        dne.63e@... writes:

[...]

      • Cinda Marsh
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2011
          Tom would so love this. I have many emails from him asking for ideas on gaining members, boosting participation on the list, adding to the DNA grouping, general ideas for standards in research, etc. I do miss him already. He was the rudder that steered this McQ boat to where it is now, and I only pray that he realizes how treasured he was.
          Cinda

[...]

        • frank/yvonne fisher
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2011
            I echo this Cinda. I kow that we have had a go around or two over the years, but I think it more of misunderstandings then anything. Just to let you know we now have 60 members of the Clan Scoiety. and the clan web site www.clanmacquarrie.org has a new look check it out if you have not been lately
            Frank