obit for Tom

  • frank/yvonne fisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 10:19 AM
      Thomas D. McQuarrie
      | Visit Guest Book

      THOMAS McQUARRIE Thomas D. McQuarrie, 65, of Ambler, formerly of the Upper Perkiomen Valley, died February 25, 2011 in the peace of his home. He was the beloved husband of Lydia "Judy" (Sedlak) McQuarrie for 45 years. Tom was born in Perth Amboy, NJ, August 5, 1945, to the late Allen and Helen (Sonia) McQuarrie. He grew up in New Jersey and was a graduate of Edison High School and Rutgers University. He was an honorably discharged veteran of the Vietnam War Era serving with the U.S. Navy. Tom was employed as a Human Resources Manager for Merck Pharmaceuticals in West Point, for 25 years. He was an active member of the Upper Perkiomen School Board for 12 years, as well as a member of the Upper Perkiomen Lions Club. He most recently worked as a Counselor for drug and alcohol recovery programs at Penn Foundation, Livingren, and Bucks County Council. He was active with the Pro Act Veterans Helping Veterans and served as Scoutmaster in the 1980s for Boy Scout Troop No. 170 Red Hill. He enjoyed photography, was proud of everything Scottish and thoroughly enjoyed researching his family's genealogy. In addition to his wife Judy, he is survived by two children, Kelly McQuarrie Evans (Dwight) of Ambler and James McQuarrie of Denver, CO; two grandchildren, Micah McQuarrie and Ben Bruzek; two brothers, Allen McQuarrie, Jr. (Kathy) of Doylestown and Richard McQuarrie (Bonnie) of Flemington, NJ; and a clan of nieces and nephews. Relatives and friends are invited to his Funeral Mass Wednesday, March 2, at 11AM at St. Anthony of Padua Church, 259 Forest Ave., Ambler. Visitation with the family will be from 10 at 11AM at the church. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, donations in Tom's name to the Elixir Fund, PO Box 326, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550 are appreciated. Condolences may be made at www.ciavarellifuneralhomes.

      FRank

    • Jack Wright
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 2:58 PM
        All the best to the family in their time of need.

        MarilynNS

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6 8:13 PM
          Thanks Frank, appreciate the difficult news.
          All our best to MacQuarrie family (near and far).
          You will be missed Tom.

          regards
          Brad