Re: [macquarrie] Catherine McQuarrie-Lawson, David Lawson & Sarah McQuarrie

  • richard mcquarrie
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hi did Sarah have a son named Harvey McQuarrie?

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 1, 2010
        Hi Richard,

        As far as I can tell this Sarah McQuarrie wasn't married. It said 'Single' not
        'widow' on her death certificate as well as on the census record I did see her
        on. And my grandmother also believes that she was a spinster aunt.

        Melissa

        ________________________________
[...]

      • frank/yvonne fisher
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 2, 2010
          I think that you are right Melissa, I show also that she was unmarried.
          FRank

          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 2, 2010
            Richard I have two Harvey's in the clan DB, one born to Melbourne MacQuarrie and Ethel Gillespie. THe other born to Danile MacQuarrie and sarah I have no last name for this Sarah, I show Harvey being born in Ontario June 17, 1895. THats all I have, If you have more and would like to share with the caln please let me know.
            FRank

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 2, 2010
              Hi this Harvey McQuarrie is my grandfarther,born in Ontario.he was not raised by
              Sarah but I was told that his mother was a spinster .she let Harver go to live
              with some one ???

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 2, 2010
                When was this Harvey McQuarrie born?

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 2, 2010
                  Richard, would you care to provide any more info to the clan DB on him? I will check the 901 census and see if I can find him. I will advise
                  Frank

                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 3, 2010
                    Richard, the Harvey that I have in the Db is living with his parents Daniel and Sarah in 1901 plus several sibs;

                    9 McQuarrie Daniel M Head M Jan 19 1868 32

                    10 10 McQuarrie Sarah F Wife M Jun 14 1865 30

                    11 10 McQuarrie Eliza F Daughter S Oct 20 1892 8

                    12 10 McQuarrie Mary F Daughter S Mar 20 1894 6

                    13 10 McQuarrie Harvey M Son S Jun 17 1895 5

                    14 10 McQuarrie James H M Son S Apr 14 1897 3

                    15 10 McQuarrie Daniel M Son S Mar 18 1899 1

                    Ther is a Harvey L. also on this census, I will follow up with his page
                    Frank

                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 3, 2010
                      Richard here is the other Harvey, he also is living with his parents, his mother is also named Sarah and father Daniel.

                      47 93 McQuarrie Daniel M Head M Feb 15 1865 36

                      @ 48 93 McQuarrie Sarah C. F Wife M Jan 23 1872 29

                      @ 49 93 McQuarrie Vardella F Daughter S Feb 12 1899 2

                      @ 50 93 McQuarrie Harvey L. M Son S Jan 12 1900 1

                      This from the 1901 cenus
                      Frank

                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 3, 2010
                        I found out sum more Harvey Charles my grandfather marred Annie icie Bradley.
                        Now I was just told that his mon is May Gusta (Mary Augusta)and her parents are
                        Harvey charles 1st Elizabeth Robbins 2nd Mary McInnes wifes.

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 3, 2010
                          Harvey Charles 1904-1983

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 20 , Sep 3, 2010
                            ok richard that ruels out the two I have in the DB. I will add your Havery to the research list and see what comes of it
                            Frank

                            Message 13 of 20 , Sep 3, 2010
                              richard, Well it looks like the story is true. I found Harvey Charles birth certificate on ancestry.com in a data base Ontario Births 1869-1911. Harvey Charles MacQuarrie born 20 Jan. 1904, mother Mary Augusta MacQuarrie, no father listed. he was born in Singhampton, Grey Co., Ontario. Also liosted in a database Ontario Marriages 1801 -1926 list Harvey Charles marrying Annie Bradley on 1 Oct. 1924 in Simco, Ontario. Annie was born about 1904 in Hornings Mills, her father islisted as Richard Andrew Bradley. I found a Mary MAcQaurrie on the 1901 census single age 22 working as a maid in the househould of someone named Pearson in Simco, Ontario. Now the only Harvey I found on the 1911 census that is 7 years old is living in Grey Co., with his grandmother, however there is also a daught age 35 living there as well. So this Harvey could be the son of this daughter the grandmothers name is MAry age 61. So this could be your man Harvey. I will keep looking in hopes of being sure and then work backwards to see if I can find his line.
                              FRank

                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 3, 2010
                                Richard, I did a little more looking in ancestry.com and come upon May Agusta McQuarrie, born about 1877 in Osprey died 3 MAr. 1904 of Tuberculosis in Grey co. she is listed as single. Still looking to tie togehter the loose ends here on the Harvey in the 1911 censu. THis must be your Harvey as he is the only one listed for that area. Mary is his Grandmother and this other women age 35 would have been Mat sister. I will keep you updated. So if this is all your family, then she did not give Harvey to someone to raise he was taken by his grandmother as his mother died soon after his was born. I do believe that this is your family as there are non others listed in the census or birthand death reords
                                FRank

                                Message 15 of 20 , Sep 4, 2010
                                  Thank You so much Farnk/Yvonne.

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Sep 5, 2010
                                    richard here is a copy of the 1881 canada census with Harvey Charles McQuarrie, his wife at this time is Mary (McInnes) you will see May Augusta age five at the bottom of the list. SHe was list as Agusta.

                                    Harrey McQuarrie
                                    [Harvey McQuarrie]
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Marital Status: Married
                                    Age: 54
                                    Birth Year: 1827
                                    Birthplace: Nova Scotia
                                    Religion: Canada Presbyterian Church
                                    Nationality: Scotch (Scotish)
                                    Occupation: Carpenter
                                    Province: Ontario
                                    District Number: 155
                                    District: Grey East
                                    Sub-District Number: D
                                    Subdistrict: Osprey
                                    Division: 1
                                    Household Members: Name Age
                                    Harrey McQuarrie 54
                                    Mary McQuarrie 37
                                    Margaret McQuarrie 18
                                    Sarah McQuarrie 16
                                    Flora Ann McQuarrie 14
                                    Daniel McQuarrie 12
                                    Emma McQuarrie 10
                                    Catharine McQuarrie 7
                                    Augusta McQuarrie 5

                                    View original image

                                    Save This Record
                                    Attach this record to a person in your tree as a source record, or save for later evaluation.
                                    Save

                                    Now all we need is find when his first wife died so we can sort out the children. Or were they all the children of Elizabeth Robbins?
                                    Frank

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Sep 5, 2010
                                      Richard here is the complete low down on Harvey Charles McQuarrie, his first wife Elizabeth died in 1858, so all those children on the 1881 census were of Harvey and MAry; Harvey was born in Mason, Delawear Co., NY, 2nd wife MAry was born 1844 on the Isle of Tiree, Scotland

                                      Parents
                                      a..
                                      b.. Lachlan McQuarrie
                                      1785 – 1831

                                      a..
                                      b.. Katie McInnis
                                      – 1834

                                      Show siblings Hide siblings Spouse & Children
                                      a..
                                      b.. Elizabeth Robins
                                      1826 – 1858

                                      a..
                                      b.. Sarah Catherine McQuarrie
                                      1847 – 1864

                                      a..
                                      b.. Mary Ann McQuarrie
                                      1848 – 1928

                                      a..
                                      b.. Elizabeth Ellen McQuarrie
                                      1852 – 1935

                                      a..
                                      b.. John Lachlan McQuarrie
                                      1855 – 1934

                                      a..
                                      b.. Margery McQuarrie
                                      1857 –

                                      Other Spouse & Children
                                      a..
                                      b.. Mary McInnis
                                      1844 – 1930

                                      a..
                                      b.. John Lachlan McQuarrie
                                      1855 – 1934

                                      a..
                                      b.. Margaret McQuarrie
                                      1863 –

                                      a..
                                      b.. SARAH MCQUARRIE
                                      1864 – 1938

                                      a..
                                      b.. Emma McQuarrie
                                      1866 – 1893

                                      a..
                                      b.. Daniel Donald McQuarrie
                                      1868 – 1914

                                      a..
                                      b.. CATHERINE MCQUARRIE
                                      1873 –

                                      a..
                                      b.. May Augusta McQuarrie
                                      1876 – 1904

                                      a..
                                      b..
                                      Jean Adeline McQuarrie
                                      1882-1964
                                      John Lachlan may have been the son of Elizabet, this document says his birth was 1855 died 1934.
                                      c.. FRank

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Sep 5, 2010
                                        Richard, sorry for the delay, after tracing back in ancestry.com I dicovered that had have your line in the DB after all, I have Harvey as Charles Harvie MAcQuarrie with a note AKA Harvey Charles, when you look on the index of my program it does not give alternate names only the prime name thats was first input. I always put in the spelling as it is prented to me and add the AKA if another spelling comes along at some point/ So with this bit of luck on my end I have HArvey Cahrles going back to Alexander born about 1749 in Ormaig, Isle of Ulva. I bet you that if you join the DNA project that you will match with Tom and LAchie.
                                        FRank