Re: [macquarrie] monument

  • Charles McQuarrie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
      When the picture was changed from a .tif file to a .jpg, by whoever it was that did that before I had a chance to do so, the title was changed from something like, "Monument to Lord Ullin's Daughter" to just, "Monument".

      I assume you know the story behind the, "Ode to Lord Ullin's Daughter".

      If one travels from Salen towards the Ulva Ferry there is a dirt road on the left about a half-mile before the Ulva School. At the end of this road is the monument next to a fish farm.

      It is my understanding that Bruce McQuarrie was responsible for the monument and has some plans to have it repaired.

      Charlie,