posts

  • Cheryl Maynard
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
      I get these posts in digest form. Is it possible to just snip the post you are replying to rather than every other reply from the original to keep the digested email more concise?

      Sorry to be a pain, but I am just unable to read all of these posts anymore, and I hate to think I will miss something important because I skimmed past all of the unnecessary emails.

      Cheryl in Orlando

    • fydf@worldpath.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
        Cheryl, Yes it is possible to do as you ask, and many do, I for one like
        the whole thread because if it is asking genealogy type questions, and an
        answer is given I like to know the question just in case I had missed it
        and so I can tie the two together as I build the clan data base. I agree
        it is combersom at times to read all the way down the thread. But on the
        other hand you get all the answers/replies to the question.
        JUst my thought on the matter.

        Now if I was to cut your question off no one would know what Im talking
        about.
        Franknh

        I get these posts in digest form. Is it possible to just snip the post you
        are replying to rather than every other reply from the original to keep the
        digested email more concise?

        Sorry to be a pain, but I am just unable to read all of these posts
        anymore, and I hate to think I will miss something important because I
        skimmed past all of the unnecessary emails.

        Cheryl in Orlando

        http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web
      • Matthew A. C. Newsome
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
          Frank,

          I believe what Cheryl is asking is that non-relevant portions of past emails
          be snipped from the reply, leaving only the relevant portions. This way you
          can still read what the post is referring to, but a lot of non-essential
          text is removed, making the digest easier to read. (See how I only left one
          part of your reply below, which is the portion relevant to my current
          post).

          I think this is a reasonable request, and is a common matter of net
          courtesy. Thanks for the reminder, Cheryl!
          Matt

          --
          Matthew A. C. Newsome, FSA Scot
          Curator of the Scottish Tartans Museum

        • frank/yvonne fisher
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
            Matt, Do I make out the check in your name for the piece of tartan for the flag?
            Frank
            PS
            Just call me "slow Frank from the backwoods of New HAmpshire" . I read your post and the part of my reply that you left. Did not see where it was connected to your reply. MY remark seemed disjointed from your reply. What was I talking about? I did click the link at the bottom and saw Cheryl's question and then clicked again to see my complete reply, which included an agreement with her.I just gave my likes,as I don't mind reading the complete thread.. A lot of clicking. I will try and remember to do it.
            Franknh
            I believe what Cheryl is asking is that non-relevant portions of past emails
            be snipped from the reply, leaving only the relevant portions.

            > .

          • frank/yvonne fisher
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
              Reply number two,I did agree with Chery, l just expressed myt hought on it and explained why I don't mind reading the whole thread.

              --
              Matthew A. C. Newsome, FSA Scot
              Curator of the Scottish Tartans Museum
              Member of the Guild of Tartan Scholars
              Homepage: http://www.albanach.org

            • Jack Wright
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
                Will there be any plaids, tartans, sashes for sale at Mt. Loon games? I'm looking to have sash/kilt for 2009 Homecoming Scotland.
                MarilynNS

                I believe what Cheryl is asking is that non-relevant portions of past emails
                be snipped from the reply, leaving only the relevant portions.

                > .

              • frank/yvonne fisher
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
                  Marylin yes there will be venders at Loon selling all sorts of items. With that said, Ihave found very little MAcQuarrie related items, yes you can find the clan badge, and even a tam, or neck tie. I would suggest that if you are looking for a kilt to either get a hold of Matt or take a run up to Cape Breton, my cousin got a kilt up there two summers ago. But Im sure that you can get a better deal in Nova Scotia then at a venders stall at the games.

                  FRanknh