web page update

  • eoganog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2001
      Hi guys!  Ok, well since HomePage.com went down the tube, the MacQuarrie web
      site has now moved to my personal server at:

      http://albanach.org/macquarrie

      Please bookmark it, update your links, etc.  Also, I want to get as many
      people as I can aware of this site, so if any of you frequent other Scottish
      lists, chat rooms, web boards, etc, and can mention this site it would be
      great!  I want to see more MacQs on this list!

      The content of the site hasn't changed much, but you will notice that it no
      longer has any banner adds and is much faster to load.  I fixed a few errors,
      updated some links, but I still have a lot more I want to add/change.

      One thing I want to do is put a page together about the "MacQuarrie" parts of
      my trip we took last month.  It was great!  The two days we spent on Mull
      were the best two dys of our entire trip.  I really envy those of you going
      on the MacQuarrie tour this month.  I want to go back!  People there were
      already preparing for your arrival.  When we came into the vistor center at
      Craignure on Mull, the lady was talking on the phone with someone asking
      about the MacQuarrie gathering.  She didn't know the dates, and I was able to
      help her!  When we took the ferry to Ulva, the ferry man asked if we were
      MacQuarries, and told us "Yeah, you know there is a gathering here next
      month."

      Ulva was just the most peaceful island.  We fell in love.  The sad thing is
      that there are now only 23 residents on the island, none of which are
      MacQuarries.

      Anyway, we took lots of pictures, and I want to upload them to the files
      section of the group, and also put together a web page as kind of a
      storyboard.  More on that to come....

      Aye,
      Matt

      Matthew Allen Columba Newsome
      curator of the Scottish Tartans Museum, USA
      www.albanach.org
      A McGuire of Clan MacQuarrie
      "Turris Fortis Mihi Deus"
      http://macquarrie.homepage.com
      if requesting a tartan or clan name search
      please email me at work at
      tartans@...
    • Leah Wayland
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2001
        Re: [macquarrie] web page update Matt,

        Thank you for ensuring the survival of our page.

        Leah McQuarrie Wayland

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        First Name Last Name
        FIND ANYONE Right Now! <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=177441.1350886.2940839.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700040837:N/A=604667/R=1/*http://www2.1800ussearch.com/search/start.cgi?adID=1900005002>

        This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
        HTTP://MACQUARRIE.HOMEPAGE.COM

      • shoe
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2001
          Matt:

          Thanks for ensuring that the MacQuarrie page continues!

          Mark Shoemaker
          Hi guys!  Ok, well since HomePage.com went down the tube, the MacQuarrie web
          site has now moved to my personal server at:

          http://albanach.org/macquarrie

        • Tom McQuarrie

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5, 2001
              tdmcquarrie@... writes:

              Do you still want me to scan the munro book ?

              Yes, anyone who can contribute to this, just scan waht you can and upload it
              to the files section on the group's page at yahoo, in the folder created for
              it.  Last time I looked it's still empty. ;-)

              Aye,
              Matt

              Matthew Allen Columba Newsome
              curator of the Scottish Tartans Museum, USA
              www.albanach.org
              a McGuire of clan MacQuarrie
              macquarrie.homepage.com
            • Michael MacQuarrie
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 8, 2001
                Hey Matt and all the other MacQuarries ,Id just like to say you do a great
                job keeping all of us informed.
                So who ever is going to Mull is pretty lucky ,that sounds like a really
                awesome trip, who ever is going there take lots of photos and try to get
                them posted, I would love to check them out.
                I was raised on a small island off the coast Vancouver ,Canada
                go figure.
                I cant believe no MacQuarries live on Mull, some one should retire there.
                It sounds pretty nice there.
                chow for now mike

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 9, 2001
                  In a message dated 4/8/01 11:46:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  michaelmacquarrie@... writes:

                  I cant believe no MacQuarries live on Mull, some one should retire there.
                  It sounds pretty nice there.

                  Actually, what I had said was that no MacQs live on Ulva (but only 23 folks
                  do these days).  I don't know if any MacQs are yet on Mull.  It wouldn't
                  surprise me if there were, but Mull is pretty scantily populated itself.
                  Aye,
                  Matt

                  Matthew Allen Columba Newsome
                  curator of the Scottish Tartans Museum, USA
                  www.albanach.org
                  a McGuire of clan MacQuarrie
                  macquarrie.homepage.com
                • Lachie Macquarie
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 9, 2001
                    In message <105.1876a22.28030995@...>, eoganog@... writes
                    >In a message dated 4/8/01 11:46:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    >michaelmacquarrie@... writes:
                    >

                    >> I cant believe no MacQuarries live on Mull, some one should retire there.
                    >> It sounds pretty nice there.
                    >>

                    >Actually, what I had said was that no MacQs live on Ulva (but only 23 folks
                    >do these days). I don't know if any MacQs are yet on Mull. It wouldn't
                    >surprise me if there were, but Mull is pretty scantily populated itself.
                    >Aye,
                    >Matt
                    >
                    >Matthew Allen Columba Newsome
                    >curator of the Scottish Tartans Museum, USA
                    >www.albanach.org
                    >a McGuire of clan MacQuarrie
                    >macquarrie.homepage.com
                    There is one Macq listed in the phone directory living in Tobermory.
                    There may be more but they could be ex-directory. There are about 100
                    odd in Scotland see at http://www.bt.com/directory-enquiries/dq_home.jsp
                    Ulva Camus An Arbhair is one rather fine address Ulva Bay of Corn.
                    --
                    Lachie Macquarie, Bod an Deamhan-- smaoineachadh miannach.