Re: History

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 28, 2006
      Doing this off the top of my head as all my info is in my other
      computer which is down at the moment. I believe John MacQuarrie came
      here on the prison ship Pamela in 1746.

      --- In macquarrie@yahoogroups.com, "Herb McQuarrie" <wicki@...> wrote:

      > That was a very interesting history of the early Scots. I searched
      some
      > of the sailing lists and found a family named McQuearry on the ship
      > Humphreys - 1806. Has anyone found any others of our name?

    • Sheri Stanley
      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 10, 2007
        hi laurie...

        i've been so busy at work, i'm not honestly sure if i've already responded to you! lol.
        thank you so much for this email. my genealogy research (much of it provided by the terrific people of the Macquarrie mailing list) is pack away somewhere in my apt. i need to find it to connect some of these links. i think many of the people on this list are distant cousins, etc. i definitely have the indiana connection. besides when my grandparents lived there (and my mom was born in winchester, IN), my aunt (Marjorie McQueary) and her family still live there. her married name is penrod. her children (and i'm not sure i know all of them) were Dave, Jim, and Suzy (but there last name [maiden for Suzy} is Penrod since Aunt Marge married Hiram Penrod). Uncle Hi passed away many years ago.

        any way...maybe we're related somehow!

        best,
        sheri

        "lucyvp.geo" <lucyvp.geo@...> wrote:
        Sheri,
        Not sure if this helps but in my research of my husbands family they
        started out on the southern eastern side of Indiana before they
        started moving toward Indianapolis and down. Perhaps some just chose
        to go east instead of west and ended up in Ohio. Most of my
        husband's family stayed in Indiana but some moved to Illinois and
        Missouri. In my reasearch I found my husbands family going from VA to
        NC through KY and into IN, where most of his immediate family stayed.
        One of our GG-grandfather's is buried in Knightstown IN and that is on
        the eastern side of the state. I believe it is in Henry county (not
        sure will have to look some things up)

        Laurie McQueary-

        -- In macquarrie@yahoogroups.com, Sheri Stanley <mountaingolfer@...>
        wrote:

        > I am related to the McQuearys of KY and I believe NC. However, I
        grew up in Ohio near my grandparents John W. McQueary and Dorothy E.
        McQueary. I have never seen a "migration" to Ohio, so I loose the
        connection in KY or NC (or somewhere else). Does anyone know how the
        McQuearys got to Ohio? (My grandfather was actually born in Illinois).
        I think there is a rumor of my great grandfather having had to go out
        of state to Illinois because of running from the law. I'm not sure if
        that story is true, or where he was living prior to getting to Illinois.