Merry Christmas

  • soupy572001
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 18, 2006
      Just wanted to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and of course
      all the best in New Year. May all your searches be fruitful!!!!
    • Bob
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 23, 2006
        Merry Christmas to all my McQuary (and various spellings) family and
        friends. Still no word from the VA when they will supply the Civil War
        Grave Marker for James Allen McQuary's grave at Mt Tabor Baptist Church
        Cemetery in Atlanta/Economy/Macon, Missouri but I do know from my
        congressman that they will supply it. I will post here when we are
        going to have it put on his grave. Bob
      • Bob
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 23, 2006
          Hope this is not a double post, the first has not shown up.

          Merry Christmas to all of my MacQuary (and all its various spellings)
          Family and friends. Bob

          I still have not heard back from the VA on the placing of a Civil War
          headstone on the grave of James Allen McQuary who was killed in the
          Civil War. James Allen was the son of Humprey and the grandson of
          William MacQuarrie of Flat Lick Kentucky and Wilksborro NC. James is
          buried in the Mt Tabor Baptist Chuch cemetery outside of Macon,
          Missouri and between Economy and Atlanta Mo. I will post when the
          finally give me the info so family will know.
        • Tom McQuarrie
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 24, 2009
            Merry Christmas !

          • Cinda Marsh
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 24, 2009
              Thank you, Tom!  Merry Christmas to you and yours, too.
              Cinda

              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 24, 2009
                Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

                Dee M

                --- On Thu, 12/24/09, Tom McQuarrie <_tishimself45@tishimself4_

                From: Tom McQuarrie <_tishimself45@tishimself4_
                (mailto:tishimself45@...) >
                To: _macquarrie@yahoogromacquar_ (mailto:macquarrie@yahoogroups.com)
                Date: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 10:50 AM

                Merry Christmas !

              • frank/yvonne fisher
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 25, 2009
                  Thank you Dee right back at you
                  Frank

                  From: Tom McQuarrie <_tishimself45@tishimself4_
                  (mailto:tishimself45@...) >
                  To: _macquarrie@yahoogromacquar_ (mailto:macquarrie@yahoogroups.com)
                  Date: Thursday, December 24, 2009, 10:50 AM

                  Merry Christmas !

                • jolly philippe
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 25, 2009
                    Thanks all for your wishes and Merry Christmas to all
                    Philippe Jolly

                  • snoshoe_2
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 25, 2009
                      Merry Christmas from Montana. :)
                      ~ Snoshoe

                      --- In macquarrie@yahoogroups.com, alumniorutnj1@... wrote:

                      > Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
                      >
                      > Dee M
                      > > Thank you, Tom! Merry Christmas to you and yours, too.
                      > Cinda
                      > >

                      > Merry Christmas !

                    • iain king
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 26, 2009
                        Merry Christmas to all Back to Mull on Sunday
                        Helen and Iain

                        www.mull-seaview.co.uk

                      • Robin Woods
                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 24, 2010
                          Merry Christmas Alexandria, VA. Here's a couple scenes from our well attended annual Scottish Christmas parade, the first weekend of Dec. Lots of clans participated......next year I might hold up a Clan MacQuarrie sign :) Robin

                        • Robin Woods
                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 24, 2010
                            Sorry, from Alexandria, VA I thought yahoo groups would allow photos in the text now.......guess not. 'Til next year!

                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 25, 2010
                              Wishing all the McQuarries, near and far, a very Merry Christmas... and a
                              happy, healthy New Year!

                              Dee

                              Message 14 of 20 , Dec 25, 2010
                                Merry Christmas to all from Seaview on the Isle of MullHelen and Iain

                                www.mull-seaview.co.uk

                                > This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list. Learn more about the clan or join the clan society by visiting our web site:

                              • Jack Wright
                                Message 15 of 20 , Dec 26, 2010
                                  Thank you and same to you from Nova Scotia Canada
                                  I stayed in Tobemory at Harbour Guest House during Scotland Homecoming....I'm hooking a rug of the Tobermory harbour scene.

                                  MarilynNS

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Dec 16, 2012
                                    Hello everyone, just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

                                    I found a little booklet this year from some poems that were printed up
                                    of my sister's years, back, and thought I'd share this one with you all,
                                    since she is of course a MacQ also. :) Hard to believe a 10yr. old
                                    wrote this. Enjoy:

                                    (Looks like the formatting is lost, 4space indent on every2nd line.

                                    The Nativity

                                    by Sue Allin c1975

                                    age 10

                                    The star did shine above,

                                    The world then found new love.

                                    Is there any that does not know?

                                    In Bethlehem Christ was born long ago.

                                    In the fields the shepherds lay,

                                    Keeping sheep from going astray.

                                    There shone a brilliant light,

                                    Though it was the middle of the night.

                                    Then they saw an angel host,

                                    Something of which many cannot boast.

                                    At this they took great fear,

                                    Until they did hear ...

                                    An angel say;

                                    Do listen I pray,

                                    This is a time for joy,

                                    For God has sent a baby boy.

                                    As Saviour to this wicked earth,

                                    To bring all men a second birth.

                                    In a manger you will find,

                                    The one who will be so kind.

                                    The shepherds made great haste,

                                    For there was no time to waste.

                                    'Til they came to the manger low,

                                    Where Christ was laid so long ago.

                                    Three Magi studied the stars in the east,

                                    Hoping to find a new peace.

                                    Then they saw the star bright,

                                    That guided them through the night.

                                    Later to Jerusalem they came,

                                    Asking of this new king's name.

                                    Herod called the Wise Men three.

                                    And said that certainly,

                                    They could tell him when they had seen the star,

                                    They told him when they saw it afar.

                                    Then to Bethlehem they went,

                                    As there Herod had them sent.

                                    Saying; Bring me word too,

                                    That I may worship with you.

                                    Again the star shone bright,

                                    Leading them through the night.

                                    To the child they came,

                                    And worshipped the same.

                                    Later on they had a dream,

                                    After which it did seem ...

                                    That if Herod they did not tell,

                                    All then would be well.

                                    And then they went away,

                                    Not a thing to Herod did they say.

                                    @

                                  • Bill McQuary
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Dec 17, 2012
                                      Sue,

                                      That is very nice and perfect timing too.

                                      Merry Christmas,
                                      Bill

                                      Bill McQuary
                                      dne.63e@...

                                    • fyfisher@roadrunner.com
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Dec 20, 2012
                                        Merry Christms back to you Bill. Do have anything that you would like in the newsletter for Jan.?
                                        Frank
                                        ---- Bill McQuary <dne.63e@...> wrote:
                                        > Sue,
                                        >
                                        > That is very nice and perfect timing too.
                                        >
                                        > Merry Christmas,
                                        > Bill
                                        >
                                        > Bill McQuary
                                        > dne.63e@...

                                      • Sue
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Dec 21, 2012
                                          Hello one and all!!!!
                                          Well we have snow here and looking like it will be here now for Christmas. I'm in Ontario Southwestern that is wind whining around the windows. Hope every ones Christmas is just what they wanted and if you can't be home for Christmas;home can be in your heart :) Soupy