New to the group

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hello all, I just joined the group and full name is Charles j. Querry.
      I have done some research on the MacQuarrie's and found out thru
      visiting Scottland and Ireland with my sister that in the late 1400's
      a distant relative Joseph A.MacQuarrie was a worker on a ship at that
      time. My sister and i found out by tracing the family tree that Joseph
      changed his last name from MacQuarrie to Querry. I just thought i
      would share some information to everyone.
    • mrigsby2002
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
        --- In macquarrie@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <firestorm_1968@...> wrote:

        > Hello all, I just joined the group and full name is Charles j. Querry.
        > I have done some research on the MacQuarrie's and found out thru
        > visiting Scottland and Ireland with my sister that in the late 1400's
        > a distant relative Joseph A.MacQuarrie was a worker on a ship at that
        > time. My sister and i found out by tracing the family tree that Joseph
        > changed his last name from MacQuarrie to Querry. I just thought i
        > would share some information to everyone.

        Nice to have you here.
      • snoshoe_2
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2006
          Hey, that is great you can trace someone that far back! :)
          Want to give us some names and dates well, I think most of us get stuck
          by the early 1700's, since records were burned around 1680, so maybe
          around then, but it might help someone here find a link they're
          missing.

          ~ Snoshoe