RE: [macquarrie] Scottish Tartans Museum

  • Matthew A. C. Newsome
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
      Right now I'm working on what will be my third MacQuarrie kilt. I have
      a box pleated kilt in what I am calling the "weathered MacQuarrie"
      tartan (the colors were a weaver's mistake, but they look close to what
      you'd call weathered shades), and a regular knife pleat kilt in the
      modern MacQuarrie. I've just started to learn to make kilts myself, and
      the one I am working on is the 1815 MacQuarrie tartan from The House of
      Edgar woolen mill, that many of you on the list have ties in. It's my
      first attempt, so everyone wish my luck!

      Maybe I'll be wearing it when you arrive!
      Aye,
      Matt

      Matthew A. C. Newsome, F.S.A. Scot.
      Curator of the <http://www.scottishtartans.org> Scottish Tartans Museum
      Member of the Guild of Tartan Scholars
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
        Matt,

        I hope you will send pictures of this when it is finished. I have two kilts in the regular red/green and, since I saw the 1815 in the ties, I would love to see it in a larger piece, like a kilt.

        Donna

[...]

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005