Re: looking for this person

  • snoshoe_2
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      Here's a little more about John McQuarrie that Soupy is looking for.
      Was it this site I saw somewhere that there are some of you 'stuck'
      at a John, just thought it might be the same one, maybe pieces will
      fit together:

      The one we are looking for Neil's brother John is said to have gone
      to Argyle,His son was buried their but I think either John or his
      family or both of those went to Iowa,then near Blue Earth
      Minnesota,the fellow we think is a son is a post master in Indian
      Territories which became Okalahoma.This documentation came from New
      Mexico fellow who thinks he is related.

      By the way, has anyone else been having a devil of a time with the
      internet the past few days?

      Snoshoe~

      --- In macquarrie@yahoogroups.com, "soupy572001" <suepod@m...> wrote:
      > Hi: Hi group.I was wondering if any of you know of or have heard
      of
      > a lady by the name of Mary Mcquarie(yes,yet another spelling)she
      > contacted me whilst researching in Argyle,N.Y. and we corresponded
      > few times exchanging info.I heard from her after a few times then I
      > tried to get in touch with her to see if she had any further info
      and
      > no answer.The e-mail came back mary_mcquarie es.adp.com. I'm not
      > putting the and in since I have not been able to get an answer.Is
      > this address server recognized by anyone.
      > We are looking for the younger brother of my grgrgranfather
      we
      > have him in Ontario Canada getting married.Moved down with his
      > brother my 2grpop to farm right next door.Had at least one child,
      > which this lady is descended of.He then went back to Argyle and had
      > more children? She had found a cousin in Tennessee last she
      contacted
      > me and was going to get more info.
      > Bruce had sent me some stuff and I to him, on book and on
      > this fellow as well and I wanted to contact her to give him
      > heraddress or info whatever we could do to see if we could put
      pieces
      > together.My family is chapter 3 if anyone on list is from that
      family
      > I know snoeshoe is.
      > I just would like to find her as she may have found some of
      > the links we might need.We know one fellow is in Texas.Another is
      out
      > west.Anyway this is probably was to long for group post I'm used to
      > genforum sorry. Mine is Donald McQuarie m. Elizabeth McIntyre and
      by
      > all accounts gathered by Laing family(daughter married their son
      Neil
      > McQuarie) they hailed from Isle of Mull,Scotland. Sorry so long
      winded
    • Tom McQuarrie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
        Just to get into this discussion.
        My GG - Grandfather was also John Mac Quarrie. He married Mary Campbell Feb
        2 1841 in Kilbrennan. Thier banns of marriage state that he was from Ormaig.
        By 1844 he setteled in Prince Edward Island lot #30

        Yes having a lot of trouble with internet access, thought it was my computer

        Tom

        Here's a little more about John McQuarrie that Soupy is looking for.
        Was it this site I saw somewhere that there are some of you 'stuck'
        at a John, just thought it might be the same one, maybe pieces will
        fit together:

        The one we are looking for Neil's brother John is said to have gone
        to Argyle,His son was buried their but I think either John or his
        family or both of those went to Iowa,then near Blue Earth
        Minnesota,the fellow we think is a son is a post master in Indian
        Territories which became Okalahoma.This documentation came from New
        Mexico fellow who thinks he is related.

        By the way, has anyone else been having a devil of a time with the
        internet the past few days?

        Snoshoe~

        --- In macquarrie@yahoogroups.com, "soupy572001" <suepod@m...> wrote:
        > Hi: Hi group.I was wondering if any of you know of or have heard
        of
        > a lady by the name of Mary Mcquarie(yes,yet another spelling)she
        > contacted me whilst researching in Argyle,N.Y. and we corresponded
        > few times exchanging info.I heard from her after a few times then I
        > tried to get in touch with her to see if she had any further info
        and
        > no answer.The e-mail came back mary_mcquarie es.adp.com. I'm not
        > putting the and in since I have not been able to get an answer.Is
        > this address server recognized by anyone.
        > We are looking for the younger brother of my grgrgranfather
        we
        > have him in Ontario Canada getting married.Moved down with his
        > brother my 2grpop to farm right next door.Had at least one child,
        > which this lady is descended of.He then went back to Argyle and had
        > more children? She had found a cousin in Tennessee last she
        contacted
        > me and was going to get more info.
        > Bruce had sent me some stuff and I to him, on book and on
        > this fellow as well and I wanted to contact her to give him
        > heraddress or info whatever we could do to see if we could put
        pieces
        > together.My family is chapter 3 if anyone on list is from that
        family
        > I know snoeshoe is.
        > I just would like to find her as she may have found some of
        > the links we might need.We know one fellow is in Texas.Another is
        out
        > west.Anyway this is probably was to long for group post I'm used to
        > genforum sorry. Mine is Donald McQuarie m. Elizabeth McIntyre and
        by
        > all accounts gathered by Laing family(daughter married their son
        Neil
        > McQuarie) they hailed from Isle of Mull,Scotland. Sorry so long
        winded

        This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
        HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

      • Action Computers
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2004
          Hello,
          I have read you e-mail and and interested in knowing
          more, since most of the names you have mentioned are
          also in my family. What stuck out the most is when you
          mentioned Argyle, NY. Because my GRGrandfather Donald
          Raymond McQuarie was born there. It could be my Great
          aunt you are looking for, she is a Mary McQuarie but
          only by marriage. So I don't know if its her. And yes
          all my family McQuarie's spell the name with one "r"
          instead of 2.
          My name is Michele Parker and would love to hear from
          you. I don't know if my Aunt even has e-mail so I am
          not sure if it is her you are looking for.
          Michele

          http://messenger.yahoo.com/
        • soupy572001
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2004
            -Oh my God!!!!!!!!!! Hello cousin!!!! That's the family.If you have
            read the other note I posted this lady is direct dscent of
            John/Daniel/Daniel Jr./John Samuel/Mary McQuarie she said her*
            father.I just last night put this to my FTM program to look at it
            altogether.Donald Raymond is a brother of John Samuel.Donald I
            believe married a Marie Jean.That's what I have.This is from Bruce
            McQuarrie as well(you may know of him from site wrote books there is
            file in database)He met the off spring of Donald Raymond son John who
            I believe is passed now but gave Bruce some info.
            I am Neil/George Johnston/George Duncan/Gladys Mae/me.Please if
            you wish to contact me at my E-Mail do.Thank-you to Snoshoe for
            putting me onto this site.Your related to her to.We just found out
            about each other by her contacting Bruce after seeing this site.He
            put us together.I have excuse me We have the family back to 1791 when
            they came here.If you have stuff and would like to share I would be
            more then happy to share right back at you.!!!!!!

            -- In macquarrie@yahoogroups.com, Action Computers <actionva@y...>