odd email

  • MichelleMacQuarrie
    Message 1 of 13 , May 5 8:03 AM
      Did anyone else receive an email inquiring about a possible deceased
      MacQuarrie relative in Nigeria ? ...just struck me as very odd
      thought maybe I would ask the group ?

      Michelle MacQuarrie
    • TheGenseeker
      Message 2 of 13 , May 5 8:20 AM
        Not me...Cinda in CO

        Did anyone else receive an email inquiring about a possible deceased
        MacQuarrie relative in Nigeria ? ...just struck me as very odd
        thought maybe I would ask the group ?

        Michelle MacQuarrie

        This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
        HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Tiki
        Message 3 of 13 , May 5 8:30 AM
          not me either ..... Tiki in IN

          TheGenseeker <thegenseeker@...> wrote:Not me...Cinda in CO

          Did anyone else receive an email inquiring about a possible deceased
          MacQuarrie relative in Nigeria ? ...just struck me as very odd
          thought maybe I would ask the group ?

          Michelle MacQuarrie

          This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
          HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
          HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Tiki

        • Matthew A. C. Newsome
          Message 4 of 13 , May 5 9:08 AM
            Just the latest Nigernian Scam trying to get you to give out your bank
            account information. Just ignore it, trust me. I've talked to other
            people (not MacQuarries) who have gotten the same thing.

            One person (surname Swift) just talked to me this morning, in fact, saying
            that over the weekend he got email about long lost deceased relatives in
            Nigeria, Uganda, the Congo, etc... He said, "I never knew I had so many
            relatives in Africa!" lol...

            Anyway, just hit delete and move on.
            Aye,
            Matt

            On 6:03:06 pm 05/05/04 "MichelleMacQuarrie" <shadowangel_67@...> wrote:

            > Did anyone else receive an email inquiring about a possible deceased
            > MacQuarrie relative in Nigeria ? ...just struck me as very odd
            > thought maybe I would ask the group ?
            >
            > Michelle MacQuarrie
            >

            > This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
            > HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Donna Himmelman
            Message 5 of 13 , May 5 10:17 AM
              Nope, did not come through here.
              Donna

              > Did anyone else receive an email inquiring about a possible deceased
              > MacQuarrie relative in Nigeria ? ...just struck me as very odd
              > thought maybe I would ask the group ?
              >
              > Michelle MacQuarrie
              >

              > This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
              > HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Lachie Macquarie
              Message 6 of 13 , May 5 10:28 AM
                Capturing in this missive, in the sparing prose of Rambaud,
                <c7avna+i1ui@...>, and displaying the suave and sophisticated
                disposition of Archibald Leach, MichelleMacQuarrie
                <shadowangel_67@...> sgrìobh,
                >Did anyone else receive an email inquiring about a possible deceased
                >MacQuarrie relative in Nigeria ? ...just struck me as very odd
                >thought maybe I would ask the group ?
                >
                >Michelle MacQuarrie

                Crikey Michelle,
                Spooky, my Great Uncle, Charlie Macquarie died in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
                in 1901. Do you think that as you have got my ex-wife's name, that they
                have somehow got us confused?

                Air do shlàinte,
                --
                Lachie.
                Ni bhéarfainn broim dreólín ar dhuilleog cuillin agus is beag an puth gaoth é sin!
                Message 7 of 13 , May 5 11:32 AM
                  Odd Odd and yet Odd
                  Gaelic words not in DWELLY"s please explain
                  MACGUAIDHRE

                • Charles McQuarrie
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 5 1:29 PM
                    Capturing in this missive, in the sparing prose of Rambaud,
                    <c7avna+i1ui@...>, and displaying the suave and sophisticated
                    disposition of Archibald Leach, MichelleMacQuarrie
                    <shadowangel_67@...> sgrìobh,
                    >Did anyone else receive an email inquiring about a possible deceased
                    >MacQuarrie relative in Nigeria ? ...just struck me as very odd
                    >thought maybe I would ask the group ?
                    >
                    >Michelle MacQuarrie

                    Crikey Michelle,
                    Spooky, my Great Uncle, Charlie Macquarie died in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
                    in 1901. Do you think that as you have got my ex-wife's name, that they
                    have somehow got us confused?

                    Air do shlàinte,
                    --
                    Lachie.
                    Ni bhéarfainn broim dreólín ar dhuilleog cuillin agus is beag an puth gaoth
                    é sin!

                    Hey !!!! I didn't die yet and I ain't your uncle (or am I?). Closest I've
                    been to Nigeria is Niagara Falls.

                    "The" Charles McQuarrie

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 5 2:32 PM
                      Charles McQuarrie <camcq@...> sgrìobh,

                      Dear Uncle Tearlach,

                      How do I know that you are not dead, have you not heard of Doris Stokes
                      or the Nigerian equivalent? You may be trying to reach us through the
                      unknowing hand of the Nigerian authorities. They are your only route
                      back?

                      Of course, Nigeria has it's entomological root in "Ni Gir" or River Gir.
                      Not as one would have suspected the colour black in Latin.
                      Niagara on the other hand is the Mohawk word for the human neck,
                      O-ne-aw-ga-ra, ascribing, in anthropomorphic terms, the link betwixt
                      Lakes Eyrie and Ontario.
                      Where next? Ormaig, Moscow Malian or Lagos?
                      --
                      Yours,
                      Wee Lachie, your respectful nephew.

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 5 2:57 PM
                          That's kind of what I was figuring ...but since it was a new one on
                          me figured I would run it past the group. Thanks Matt.
                          Michelle MacQuarrie

                          --- In macquarrie@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew A. C. Newsome"
                          <eogan@a...> wrote:
                          > Just the latest Nigernian Scam trying to get you to give out your
                          bank
                          > account information. Just ignore it, trust me. I've talked to
                          other
                          > people (not MacQuarries) who have gotten the same thing.
                          >

                          > One person (surname Swift) just talked to me this morning, in
                          fact, saying
                          > that over the weekend he got email about long lost deceased
                          relatives in
                          > Nigeria, Uganda, the Congo, etc... He said, "I never knew I had
                          so many
                          > relatives in Africa!" lol...
                          >

                          > Anyway, just hit delete and move on.
                          > Aye,
                          > Matt
                          >
                          > On 6:03:06 pm 05/05/04 "MichelleMacQuarrie" <shadowangel_67@y...>
                          wrote:

                          > > Did anyone else receive an email inquiring about a possible
                          deceased
                          > > MacQuarrie relative in Nigeria ? ...just struck me as very odd
                          > > thought maybe I would ask the group ?
                          > >
                          > > Michelle MacQuarrie
                          > >

                          > > This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
                          > > HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE
                          > >

                          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                          > >

                          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                          Service.

                        • Lachie Macquarie
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 6 12:19 PM
                            Capturing in this missive, in the sparing prose of Rambaud,
                            <OPEJJGHIIICPGADGKDIPCEKNDEAA.thegenseeker@...>, and displaying
                            the suave and sophisticated disposition of Archibald Leach,
                            TheGenseeker <thegenseeker@...> sgrìobh,
                            >Lachie, isn't entomology the study of insects?
                            >Your ever lovin' cousin 70 times removed,
                            >Cinda in CO

                            Your not wrong there Cinda. Entymology is not luke bar mid spill chucker
                            There are an awful lot of insects in Nigeria, mind.

                            Has my uncle stopped talking to me from beyond the grave?

                            --
                            Your ever loving cousin Wee Lachie from Ar.
                            Hezakiah 14:10 Na sanntaich na caoirich do choimhearsnaich, oir tha'n
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 6 6:30 PM

                              --
                              Your ever loving cousin Wee Lachie from Ar.
                              Hezakiah 14:10 Na sanntaich na caoirich do choimhearsnaich, oir tha'n
                              Tighearna do Dhia 'n a Dhia eudmhor...

                              I've no stopped talking too you nephew, someone must have disrupted my cable
                              connection from the farside or perhaps I was just feeling bugged about the
                              whole thing.

                              Since you are apt to provide your most deepest thoughts in Gaelic do you
                              have any idea where one in my position (dark and dusty) could acquire a
                              Gaelic- *nglish dictionary? The one I have does not contain many of the
                              words you quote. Drat, my candle is going ou....

                              http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/FvNolB/TM