Reviewed Index of Scottish Clothing Sites on the web

  • eoganog@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2000
      Here is a new project I have begun. There are an awful lot of sites out
      there on the web about kilts, tartan, Scottish clothing, great kilts, etc.,
      and the history of Highland Dress. Some have good information, but there is
      a lot of poor scholarship, myth, misconception, and plain old wrong
      information out there, too.

      How does someone know the difference? With my experience in the world of
      Highland Dress and study of its history, I have started to index these sites
      out there that deal with this topic and review them. A lot of them have very
      good information, and a lot of them simply repeat the same old "tartan myths"
      that have been floating around for ages. And some of them have some new ones
      I have never heard of!

      To view this index, go to:
      http://albanach.homepage.com/review.html

      There are many more sites out there not listed yet, and if anyone would like
      to suggest a site to me for inclusion, please let me know. Also, if anyone
      would like to discuss one of the sites, you are welcome to get in touch with
      me.

      This is primarily a resource for people looking for information about
      Highland Dress on line and seeking a way to evaluate the information that is
      out there.

      Aye,
      Matt Newsome

      Matthew Allen Columba Newsome
      http://albanach.homepage.com
      Curator & Web Master for the Scottish Tartans Museum, Franklin NC
      A McGuire, of Clan MacQuarrie
      "Turris fortis meus mihi Deus"
      http://macquarrie.homepage.com