Re: [macquarrie] apologetics

  • Tom McQuarrie
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 1 3:37 AM
      I side with Charlie and Frank !!!!!!!

      I find it interesting that those who demand the most tolerance are the least
      tolerant of others.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 1 4:22 AM
        I am with you Charlie. I just can't put the words together like you did.
        Frank
        > Not only is the previous response somewhat unwarranted, in my opinion, the
        > response was "unsigned". As a result the following paraphrase is provided
        > for the originator.
        >
        > "Wow! Its always a shock to me when someone who is apparently rational &
        > intelligent , reveals themselves to be an internet poster without the
        > courage of their convictions. Whatever the response, my perception of the
        > responder" changes so that I am wary of any views or opinions expressed
        > (assuming I can figure out who the poster was/is). It defeats my
        > understanding as to how any sane, normal person can have a legitimate and
        > honest response to the subject at hand.
        >
        > How relieved I am to be able to live my life without my views and
        behaviour
        > being influenced by un-signed opinions. I grudge no-one his/her
        > opinions--just have the courage to include your name."
        >
        > Charlie.
        > Non Carborundum Illigitimus
        > camcq@...

      • Bill Geddes
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 4 1:06 PM
          I do apologise..it was not my intentuion to be anonymous. I am perfectly
          comfortable with my views and have no reason to shield them from others.
          There is no God! SIGNED. Bill Geddes.----- Original Message -----
          > Not only is the previous response somewhat unwarranted, in my opinion, the
          > response was "unsigned". As a result the following paraphrase is provided
          > for the originator.
          >
          > "Wow! Its always a shock to me when someone who is apparently rational &
          > intelligent , reveals themselves to be an internet poster without the
          > courage of their convictions. Whatever the response, my perception of the
          > responder" changes so that I am wary of any views or opinions expressed
          > (assuming I can figure out who the poster was/is). It defeats my
          > understanding as to how any sane, normal person can have a legitimate and
          > honest response to the subject at hand.
          >
          > How relieved I am to be able to live my life without my views and
          behaviour
          > being influenced by un-signed opinions. I grudge no-one his/her
          > opinions--just have the courage to include your name."
          >
          > Charlie.
          > Non Carborundum Illigitimus
          > camcq@...

        • Malcolm E. W.G. MacQuarrie
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 4 2:05 PM
            Wow. What a blast from Mr. Bill Geddes toward poor Matt who only answered an
            intelligent question that was aked of him. I praise Matt for his courage and
            honesty in openly declaring his stand as a "Catholic Apologist" and also for
            his wisdom and sensitivity in not "pushing" his beliefs on anyone. In fact,
            Matt has often chastised people who have attempted to use this site as a
            platform for promoting their own religious agenda and beliefs. This is not
            the place for proselytizing, EVEN FOR AN ATHEIST!Mr. Geddes, people like
            yourself with violent opinions toward those who are intelligent enough to
            have some sort of faith in someone greater than themselves that may be
            responsible for the creation of something as complex and orderly as the
            universe we dwell in, have been responsible for many horrible torments and
            crimes against people of faith since time began. I am sure I voice the
            opinion of most of the MacQuarrie clan communicating within this group, when
            I say such bigotry, prejudice and outright insulting rudeness is not
            acceptable here. I will take this opportunity to remind you that the battle
            cry of the MacQuarrie clan may well be, An T'arm Breac D'earg (The Red
            Tartan Army), but the clan Motto is, Turis Fortis Mihi Deus (God is my tower
            and my strength). Whether you like it or not, that IS our clan Motto and has
            been for many centuries. Although I myself am not of the Catholic faith, I
            am a MacQuarrie, by birth, by blood and by name. I will therefore stand for
            any of my clan who are wrongfully accused and / or attacked. I say again
            Sir, Matt only answered an itelligent question. None of us asked for your
            rude opinion regarding his answer. Personally, I wish you would take your
            rude, condemning self away to some other clan / family site. Sincerely;
            Malcolm MacQuarrie Sr.

            TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS, INDEED!!! AYE & AYE AGAIN MATT!!

            Have A Peaceful Day

          • Tom McQuarrie
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 4 2:22 PM
              Mr. Geddes
              I am not as eloquent as Malcolm or Matt.
              I do want you to know my views on your "contribution" are well expressed by
              the words below.
              I too would not miss hearing your opinion on religion and most likely
              anything else.
              Tom McQuarrie

[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
              HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE

            • shoe
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 4 2:27 PM
                AMEN!

                Mark Shoemaker
                Son of a McQueary

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 4 3:08 PM
                  Bill Geddes wrote:

                  > I do apologise..it was not my intentuion to be anonymous. I am
                  > perfectly
                  > comfortable with my views and have no reason to shield them from
                  > others.

                  Then why expect others to shield their faith from you? Hmmm....
                  interesting irony, don't you think. ;-)
                  Aye,
                  Matt

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 4 3:09 PM
                    "Malcolm E. W.G. MacQuarrie" wrote:

                    > I will take this opportunity to remind you that the battle
                    > cry of the MacQuarrie clan may well be, An T'arm Breac D'earg (The Red
                    >
                    > Tartan Army), but the clan Motto is, Turis Fortis Mihi Deus (God is my
                    > tower
                    > and my strength). Whether you like it or not, that IS our clan Motto
                    > and has
                    > been for many centuries.

                    Which is why the name of my apologetics site is (drum roll please).....
                    TURRIS FORTIS

                    :-)

                    Aye,
                    Matt

                    --
                    Matthew A. C. Newsome
                    http://albanach.org
                    Highland Dress Historian
                    Catholic Apologist

                    TURRIS FORTIS Catholic Apologetics
                    on line at
                    http://albanach.org/apologetics

                    "To whom shall we go?" -- St. Peter
                    John 6:68
                  • Jean McGuire
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 4 3:30 PM
                      Bill, you don't have to agree with Matthew's or anyone else's religious
                      views. But religious intolerance is the cause of worldwide suffering. You
                      certainly have a right to your opinion and your beliefs, but it's my opinion
                      that your response was an intolerant, disrespectful outburst and was
                      inappropriate in this forum. Matthew was answering a question. No one was
                      asking you, or anyone else, to believe in anything.

                      Matthew also asked that the debate be carried out via email directly to him.
                      The subject of whether or not there is a God is certainly fodder for debate.
                      However, spitting out "There is no God!" like an eight year old throwing a
                      tantrum was not even an attempt to carry out a debate. It was an attempt to
                      get attention.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 4 5:08 PM
                        AMEN to that too, Jean!

                        Malcolm MacQuarrie Sr.

                        TURIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS !

                        Have A Peaceful Day

                      • Marilyn Sharpe
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 4 5:59 PM
                          Wow!!!! Religion was the reason my McQuarrie family
                          members left Scotland in the first place. It was
                          either that or they just wanted more than one wife.
                          Not sure which. Some things never change.

                          Live and let live.

                          Marilyn

                          === message truncated ===

                          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                        • Frank Furter
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 4 10:14 PM
                            shoe <shoe@...> wrote:AMEN!

                            Mark Shoemaker
                            Son of a McQueary

[...]

                            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                            This is the MacQuarrie e-mail list.
                            HTTP://ALBANACH.ORG/MACQUARRIE

                            I, too am a MacQuarrie and a catholic and equally proud of both. As a member of the MacQuarrie clan I find it embarrassing that a fellow clansman would attack a family member about his religious beliefs and then force his own. I praise Matthew for his courage and conviction and am behind you 100%.

                            Francis MacQuarrie

                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 5 12:04 AM
                              Texas McQuarys will not stand for any rude, insulting diatribe.
                              Theodore, grandson of Ross McQuary . . . . . Friendship, Texas

                            • GenSeeker