      jolly_p_a_r@...

      De : "MAMcQuarrie@..." <MAMcQuarrie@...>
      À : macquarrie@yahoogroups.com
      Envoyé le : Mercredi 30 octobre 2013 23h13
      Objet : [macquarrie] RE: Another Lachlan Macquarrie

      Philippe,  My name is Glade Mcquarrie,  I'm not related to Lachlan as far as I have been able to find out.. But
      I have been interested in him for several years.  I have collected some information about him.  What I have is more that I can put in this space.  If you will send me your address I will copy what I have and send it to you.
      I have a newspaper article that was printed in Australia about 1913 about him.  I also have the genealogy of him that goes back to 1216.  My Great Grandfather got it when he went back to Scotland about 187?.  He came to America from Scotland in 1854 and returned to Scotland twice befor he passed.

      Glade Mcquarrie
      801-966-5867

      I'm waiting your reply.

      ---In macquarrie@yahoogroups.com, <jolly_p_a_r@...> wrote:

      Good afternoon everybody!
      Might there be anybody knowing anything about a Lieutenant Lachlan Macquarrie who was serving wth the 33rd Regiment of Foot in 1810.
      His name appears in the March and July Army Lists issues I have ; he has been promoted a Lieutenant September 1st, 1805.
      For the record, the 33rd Foot took part in the capture of Isle Bourbon in July 1810 and of Mauritius in December. It is written, in the report of this campain, "with the Flank Coys". Were they some special unit (heavy infantry, grenadiers, or else...)? Somewhere on Google, I read that these companies had three buglers instead of two for the regular companies (without any explanation);
      Thank you for reading me.
      Sincerely
      Philippe JOLLY

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic